What SSD fits my specs?

Thunderaan

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014
I have heard many suggestions of the Samsung 840 EVO , and the Crucial MX100. I am not looking for a huge storage SSD, Just maybe 120-240 or so. I am a hardcore gamer, I play many games competitively so I have been looking for some performance boosts, mainly in GPU + SSD. My current specs are ,

CPU- FX-8350 4.2gz turbo (Stock cooling heat sink+Fan)
GPU- GeForce GTX 750 ti (Asus OC)
PSU- Corsair CX 600W
motherboard- ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
Cooling- I have a 240mm fan on the side of my case, and 4 120mm around the case.

I am a big fan of the HyperX series hardware, always have been, but are their SSD better than the ones listed above (being the most popular) for gaming? Would a "Gaming" SSD make any difference (don't seem to matter to me, but that's why I ask :D).

Thunderaan

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014

That seems good, Still not sure what size I want, but referring to my question of , does it matter if its "Gaming" hardware when it comes to SSD, I know they just load stuff faster, not really affecting gameplay a whole lot, but of course they advertise "gaming" ssd from HyperX lol.

Thunderaan

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014

That's what I figured :p, but I guess more importantly I've never used or installed an SSD, I have a stock case, do I need to get extra things to install the SSD, does it come with it? What all would I need to install it, and when I do is it suggested to reinstall windows on the SSD?

dgingeri

Distinguished
I do recommend a reinstall for your OS with any major change. With a SSD upgrade, a fresh install will line up the partitioning properly, where cloning it from a hard drive may cause performance issues due to misalignment, unless you have a program that is specifically designed for transferring to a SSD.