[SOLVED] What steps should I take to test my gpu in my friends rig

sledx1

Commendable
Dec 8, 2018
So my gpu has been having problems and I want to test it in a friends rig, without damaging his. What steps should I take such as uninstalling drivers? Creating a restore point?
The gpu I want to test is a 1080 fe

Solution
Nothing including restore points will defend your friend's personal files and precious hardware from getting damaged, if the GPU was faulty and causes the system to short circuited.

There is always a risk of short circuiting any components in the process. You could take out all of the components and just put the GPU into the motherboard to control the damage, but you won't find out its performance in the process except whether it turns on or not.

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Nothing including restore points will defend your friend's personal files and precious hardware from getting damaged, if the GPU was faulty and causes the system to short circuited.

There is always a risk of short circuiting any components in the process. You could take out all of the components and just put the GPU into the motherboard to control the damage, but you won't find out its performance in the process except whether it turns on or not.

Solution