Question What switches to buy for my Redragon Kala K557 ?

Hi, so i bought this keyboard about 2 years ago, it came with blue switches and i can feel they are starting to wear out a little bit. I want to move from that loud clicky noise to something more silent and subtle, like a black switch for example. A set of two red, two blue, two brown and two black switches came with the keyboard, so i tried them all out, and currently im definitely leaning towards the black ones. My question is what are the exact switches i need to buy, to make this work? I watched over some threads saying that i should get Outemu blacks, or something like that, but i really have minimal knowledge of keyboard switches, so any help will be appreciated.
Thx in advance

Quick update:
could these work?
I was thinking of buying only 70 pieces, to place them where the letters are, cause i use that part of the keyboard the most, i dont need black switches for numpad anyway since i dont use it much, also it would save me some money.

tecmo34

Administrator
As for switches, it looks like any 3-pin Linear, Tactile or Clicky switch will work. You can go with 5-pin but you'll have to mod each switch to work, so best to stick with a 3-pin switch.

If you like the "black" from your sample, I would say go with the black linear switch you have listed and you should be good to go. As for #, 70 is a good bases to go for your main keys then at a later time you can buy more switches to replace all of them, if you want.

Reactions: Dj0gany
As for switches, it looks like any 3-pin Linear, Tactile or Clicky switch will work. You can go with 5-pin but you'll have to mod each switch to work, so best to stick with a 3-pin switch.

If you like the "black" from your sample, I would say go with the black linear switch you have listed and you should be good to go. As for #, 70 is a good bases to go for your main keys then at a later time you can buy more switches to replace all of them, if you want.
Thank you, exactly the answer i was looking for.

Reactions: tecmo34