What tech-related role best describes you?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

What tech-related role best describes you?

• I'm techie enthusiast/DIY techie

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I'm a small business owner/DIY techie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an IT Professional

• I'm an IT Reseller/VAR

• I'm a Technology Student

• Total voters

Icylobster

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Voted - I'm techie enthusiast/DIY techie

However I'm also a CS student, but I've been going to websites like Tom's before I even knew what I was going to do. Tech stuff was originally just a hobby.

Bobs Your Uncle

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
I'm also in the largest of the designated categories. Strength In Numbers My Brother! Keep The Faith Baby! Right On, Right On! The Revolution Will Not Be Televised! (On 2nd thought, & with all due respect to Gil Scott Herron, maybe the revolution will be televised???)

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Vote Cast!

Started out as just a system-building enthusiast myself, but am currently a computer engineering student at Penn State University in Erie, PA.

Love anything hardware-related, especially 'vintage/retro' stuff and the good old $99 surplus enterprise servers! I may be a broke college student, but that doesn't mean I can't have a small stack of HP ProLiants beside me for no good reason!

-Matt

Josh Hawthorn

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
I've put myself down as an enthusiast, and tech is probably my biggest hobby, but I also fit into the student category for computing, and I've also done some IT technician work part time for a while now.