[SOLVED] What temperature should I expect with these hardware

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I really dont want to try out unless its extremely needed, see I'm a paranoid about tech

I'm trying to play RDR2 Online with this hardware and in 50fps (nothing more, but less than that is expected) 4790k 4core CPU with HT disabled, 1050 Ti 4GB and game runs on a 7200 hdd. SSD does not much difference or any difference at all since its on SATA3 anyway, so what I planning to do is: increase CPU power from control panel power settings and lock in to 50fps, with EVERYTHING to Low/off except Texture quality to High.

Is this possible? what temps should I expect? I will be running msi afterburner %56 fan speed. my concern is GPU temp reaches to 55c/60c regardless, CPU seems stable

Any ideas, tips and tricks? PC case is open and cleaned against dust every month or so

Thank you

Why do you have HT disabled? You are losing about 35% of your performance right there. Enable HT to start with. There is ZERO reason to have it disabled unless you lack a CPU cooler capable enough for the 4790k in which case, getting one that is should be your FIRST priority.

Secondly, nobody can tell you what kind of temps to expect, because everybody lives someplace else with different ambient temperatures and will have different results even with the exact same hardware. Furthermore, we don't know a single thing about your cooling configuration because you've told us nothing about it.

What CPU cooler are you running?

What case do you have?

How many case fans? Where are they installed? How is each fan installed, as an intake (In) or as an exhaust (Out)?

And no, what you are suggesting wouldn't make ANY difference, at all. If you want to increase performance then you need to increase cooling capability and then overclock the CPU in the bios, OR run a more powerful graphics card.