what the heck?!? Fear runs faster on MAX...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Point taken - SS in Fear right now does not look all that cool (pixelated on the edges) with AA. But I have yet to see it function properly, with or without AA.

Is shadows really such a big issue these days? I'm just asking, as it marginally adds to the game (in my view). I mean, Doom3 relied heavily on shadows and it killed the hardware that was out at that time minus top Nvidia cards, and for what? It was such a dark game, that the shadows rarely had any usefullness (once again in my opinion), so why make it so resource hungry?

But okay, just like I was someone querying the usefullness of AA and AF a few years ago and can't live without it now, I'll probably be blowing my horn forwards on SS. :D

HDr, now that is sumthing that blows my mind at this stage and worth scrutiny and discussion. :D

Once again, sorry the sarcasm!

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Actually I haven't. Probably sum sort of ultra xray light :D I must say, FEAR was one of the few FPS that could come close to HL2 (in my view). Very good. Let's hope STALKER is as good, if not better.

will check it sum time, after I've taken over San Andreas... which may take me a year or so...