[SOLVED] what to do if a ssd's health is 0%

pighead

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2022
pic- https://send.cm/d/E20q
I just bought a new kingspec 128gb ssd and got it up running, its giving me good speed but when i checked its health with crystaldiskinfo it shows 0%, if its health is really 0 then how it is running?? i looked into my other portable hdd those shows 100% health

so should i return this ssd??

Solution
There is no standard that defines the meanings of the SMART attributes. The same SMART attribute can be implemented in any way that the manufacturer chooses. In fact the SMART attributes are probably defined by the manufacturer of the flash controller IC, so the same "misinterpretation" could be present in products from upmarket SSD makers.

It looks like it is based on a Maxio flash controller:

https://mysku.club/blog/china-stores/69520.html

Maxio is a spin-off from JMicron.

Adata uses the same controller in one of their SSDs:

https://goughlui.com/2018/12/19/review-adata-ultimate-su650-480gb-3d-nand-ssd-asu650ss-480gt-r/

Adata's own SSD Toolbox seems to produce nonsensical interpretations of the SMART data, so it's not...

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
As USAF stated, kingspecky is about 3.578 levels below a smushed cockaroach on the evolutionary scale IMHO....

My brother bought some a while back,,,, 1 completely died 10mins after installation, 1 died after a week of storage-only use, and the 3rd one died after about 3 months of occasional light OS usage....all were use in known perfectly running & well maintained machines. They were replaced with WD's or Sammy's, nottaproblemo to this day !

Fortunately he kept the receipts & got all his $$ money back :D

pighead

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2022
That may be a possibility.
But I'd return a KingSpec anyway. Just because...
ohhh noo so i have to return it, I bought this ssd from a trusted seller from whom I had bought my laptops 8 gigs ram and it still works very good...
can i ask for a little help?? I have 7 days time to return, what should i write the reason for return, can u make one for me, kind sir??

USAFRet

Titan
ohhh noo so i have to return it, I bought this ssd from a trusted seller from whom I had bought my laptops 8 gigs ram and it still works very good...
can i ask for a little help?? I have 7 days time to return, what should i write the reason for return, can u make one for me, kind sir??
Being from a trusted seller does not mean it is not a crappy device.
Which it is.

I wouldn't use one of those if you gave it to me for free.
Seriously.

pighead

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2022
As USAF stated, kingspecky is about 3.578 levels below a smushed cockaroach on the evolutionary scale IMHO....

My brother bought some a while back,,,, 1 completely died 10mins after installation, 1 died after a week of storage-only use, and the 3rd one died after about 3 months of occasional light OS usage....all were use in known perfectly running & well maintained machines. They were replaced with WD's or Sammy's, nottaproblemo to this day !

Fortunately he kept the receipts & got all his $$ money back :D
ohh lord my braincells barely getting what u said, why its so bad like it looks fricking cool black lion imprinted on it and working fast but i think yeah its health is 0
which did your brother bought p3, p4 or p5e, and capacity??

pighead

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2022
Being from a trusted seller does not mean it is not a crappy device.
Which it is.

I wouldn't use one of those if you gave it to me for free.
Seriously.
oh yeah you are right i did not thought it could be a crappy device, then what should i get under $20-30 as iam poor?? how about ramsta, its 120gb costs $15 and many people bought it

i can feel you, u hate it so much that you would throw a free storage

Last edited:

pighead

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2022
And that is showing it is just fine...100% remaining.

so its crystaldisk's fault, look at this imgur and this on another laptop imgur2

both ssd everything looks same so crystaldiskinfo mistaking the kingspec ssd health or kingspec not showing health
it pains me to return a cool looking ssd and its fast (boot in 15 sec.)
The <Mod Edit> seller said there is 3 years warranty so iam at a loss what to do now

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFRet

Titan
so its crystaldisk's fault, look at this imgur and this on another laptop imgur2

both ssd everything looks same so crystaldiskinfo mistaking the kingspec ssd health or kingspec not showing health
it pains me to return a cool looking ssd and its fast (boot in 15 sec.)
The <Mod Edit> seller said there is 3 years warranty so iam at a loss what to do now
Not necessarily the fault of CrystalDiskInfo, but rather the 3rd rate SSD reporting incorrectly.

3 year warranty? From who, the seller or the manufacturer?
You need to verify that with the manufacturer before you believe it.

There is no standard that defines the meanings of the SMART attributes. The same SMART attribute can be implemented in any way that the manufacturer chooses. In fact the SMART attributes are probably defined by the manufacturer of the flash controller IC, so the same "misinterpretation" could be present in products from upmarket SSD makers.

It looks like it is based on a Maxio flash controller:

https://mysku.club/blog/china-stores/69520.html

Maxio is a spin-off from JMicron.

Adata uses the same controller in one of their SSDs:

https://goughlui.com/2018/12/19/review-adata-ultimate-su650-480gb-3d-nand-ssd-asu650ss-480gt-r/

Adata's own SSD Toolbox seems to produce nonsensical interpretations of the SMART data, so it's not a Kingspec problem per se. FWIW, the raw value of Lifetime Left for a new Adata/Maxio SSD is also 0.

The "health" of the SSD is reported in attribute 0xA9 (169). However, the raw value consists of 2 parts whose meaning I don't understand. In any case the health of the Kingspec SSD is 100%.

Last edited:
Solution