[SOLVED] What to do with an extra ssd?

Apr 28, 2020
I recently upgraded my 120GB SATA boot SSD to a 500GB NVME. I have been using a 500 GB HDD as a mass storage and wish to continue doing so.
Rather than selling this 6 year old small SSD which is probably through at least half of its lifespan I want to continue using it but I'm not sure how.
Ideally, I'd like to use it as a cache for my secondary drive but most of the options I see are only applicable to boot drives. And I'm a bit confused on setting it up.
If I really must use it as a third drive, I'm not sure what programs should be put on there as it's not big enough for a steam library (or even just RDR2 lol). So anyone with experience using 3+ drives lmk how I should approach it.

Last edited:
Solution
I recently upgraded my 120GB SATA boot SSD to a 500GB NVME. I have been using a 500 GB HDD as a mass storage and wish to continue doing so.
Rather than selling this 6 year old small SSD which is probably through at least half of it's lifespan I want to continue using but I'm not sure how.
Ideally I'd like to use it as a cache for my secondary drive but most of the options I see are only applicable to boot drives. And I'm a bit confused on setting it up.
If I really must use it as a third drive, I'm not sure what programs should be put on there as it's not big enough for a steam library (or even just RDR2 lol). So anyone with experience using 3+ drives lmk how I should approach it.
Depending on the game you might be able to fit...
Rather than selling this 6 year old small SSD which is probably through at least half of it's lifespan I want to continue using but I'm not sure how.
Ideally I'd like to use it as a cache for my secondary drive but most of the options I see are only applicable to boot drives. And I'm a bit confused on setting it up.
Depending on the game you might be able to fit some old games onto it. I have 2x240GB SSD & 2TB HDD. I have OS, applications, and some small games on the 1 240GB and a couple other games on the 2nd 240GB.

Solution