Question What to expect and what to do if you're going to change processor from intel to amd?

Saber19

Commendable
Dec 22, 2019
Hi! currently im using a pc that has Intel i5 7600k, im planning to change to ryzen 3800x. soo i know i need to change mobo and probably i will change ram as well, anyway what i want to know now is do i need to do a clean install of windows and install the drivers again? or there are other stuff that i should do? apparently i haven't tried this i dont have so much experience yet thank you for your advice!

USAFRet

Titan
New CPU, motherboard, RAM if desired.

You will almost certainly have to do a full wipe and reinstall.

What OS? Win 10? Transfer of the license is a maybe, depending on where the current install came from.
Which is...where?

Saber19

Commendable
Dec 22, 2019
New CPU, motherboard, RAM if desired.

You will almost certainly have to do a full wipe and reinstall.

What OS? Win 10? Transfer of the license is a maybe, depending on where the current install came from.
Which is...where?

well i have two storage one HDD and one m.2, m.2 has the windows 10 so i guess thats the drive that i'll format right?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Yes, you will want to format the M.2 drive for your Windows installation. You will also want to disconnect your HDD Storage drive before you start your Windows installation.

The question asked of you is. "Where did the Windows 10 License come from?". This, more than anything, will determine if your license will transfer over to your new build.

-Wolf sends

USAFRet

Titan
And for the actual install, have ONLY the one desired OS drive connected.