[SOLVED] what to look for/avoid in a dual setup

superscurry

Commendable
Mar 6, 2018
What are some things to look for or be mindful of prior to buying a second monitor to run a dual set up on my computer? What are something that might cause issues or make differences to avoid? For example: would having 2 different brands be an issue? would the same model of monitor just a different size make a difference? What differences in specs make the biggest difference?

All I want to use the second monitor to run my browser and other programs so I don't have to keep tabbing out.

Last edited:
Solution
Make sure you're looking at a display that caters to the output on your (discrete or onboard)GPU. Often times people pick the right monitor but they forget or neglect that the wrong adapter can break your experience with a multi monitor setup.

I'd pick two of the same monitors for uniformity's sake, atop a desk space.

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure you're looking at a display that caters to the output on your (discrete or onboard)GPU. Often times people pick the right monitor but they forget or neglect that the wrong adapter can break your experience with a multi monitor setup.

Solution

superscurry

Commendable
Mar 6, 2018

So far, unfortunately, I am unable to find a second monitor of the one I am currently using. I have found people selling the same model just the next size down. (current Acer GN276HL, what I found Acer GN246HL) Would sticking with the same brand help to eliminate that issue of the adapter or is it still a problem depending on the monitor? Also, can an adapter simply fix the possible output issue you speak of?