[SOLVED] What to use?

Nov 12, 2019
I decided to self-build and after weighing up my options decided to go for high end.

So far I have.

Processor-Intel core i9 -9900k 8core 16 thread
Motherboard-gigabyte z390 Aorus ultra
RAM- Corsair Dominator platinum RGB 32gb ddr4- 3200 MHz

Next on the list is the graphics card and I'd like opinions on which better suits the above from

AMD Radeon Rx 5700 8gb
or
Nvidia GeForce rtx 2080 ti 11gb

Thankyou in advance

Solution
You are building a top tier PC with a 9900K and a great motherboard in the Z390 Aorus Ultra...I would go all the way in that case and just get the best GPU on the market at the moment which is the RTX 2080Ti and yes as has been said, factor in good cooling with a AIO and a decent Gold rated power Supply...me personally I would go 750w if you get the RTX 2080Ti as the price difference between 650w and 750w Gold will be minimal..

On the AIO, I would go at least 280mm...Arctic have just launched there very cost effective but excellent Arctic Freezer II which has been reviewed by Tom's as very good and it might be worth a look.

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-280-all-in-one-cpu-cooler,6376.html...
Nov 12, 2019
Either would be a good pairing, however the better pick depends on your budget and monitor resolution and refresh.

If budget allows, go for the better performing RTX2080ti. Just make sure you have a good 650w PSU.
Thanks I've not got down to the PSU on my list just yet but I'll bare it in mind, would you recommend doing a liquid cooler for the above set up or is that just overkill?

You are building a top tier PC with a 9900K and a great motherboard in the Z390 Aorus Ultra...I would go all the way in that case and just get the best GPU on the market at the moment which is the RTX 2080Ti and yes as has been said, factor in good cooling with a AIO and a decent Gold rated power Supply...me personally I would go 750w if you get the RTX 2080Ti as the price difference between 650w and 750w Gold will be minimal..

On the AIO, I would go at least 280mm...Arctic have just launched there very cost effective but excellent Arctic Freezer II which has been reviewed by Tom's as very good and it might be worth a look.

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-280-all-in-one-cpu-cooler,6376.html

Finally a good airflow case would also help...something with a mesh front like the Fractal Design Meshifi series etc...

Reactions: Carlp2482
Solution
Nov 12, 2019

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-280-all-in-one-cpu-cooler,6376.html

Finally a good airflow case would also help...something with a mesh front like the Fractal Design Meshifi series etc...
Brilliant advise thankyou I would certainly struggle without the guidance you all offer. As I'm this far in money has become a distant memory so I'll aim for the highest spec I can and worry about the bank balance later 😂

Reactions: vMax