Question What type of issue is this? (Fallout 76 and other games)

dark_blitz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2012

Refer to the clip. It's installed in the NVMe and the loading is working fine but whenever I explore the world it does drop wildly and even going back to areas can cause that. I have the settings set to High and Medium with the performance guide found here at the community hub.

My specs are
Intel i7 8700k OCd at 4.1ghz
Asus ROG Strix z370-F
Cryorig H7
Crucial P1 500GB NVMe
WD 1TB HDD
WD 500GB HDD
Seagate Barracuda 4TB HDD
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600Mhz
Palit GTX 1070 8GB DUAL 256-bit GDDR5
Seasonic M112 Evo Edition 520w 80plus Bronze
NZXT S340 ELITE

I couldn't find the direct solution to the problem but I hope there's someone here who can point me. I've done two reformats already and it still had the same issue, tried substituting a Tri Fan Asus Strix 1070 that worked but then still persisted and reverting to my old palit 1070 the issue disappears for one time then comes back after a restart.

It's not only in Fallout 76, APEX legends, Shadow of War and Doom Eternal have high FPS then dips to 46 or something similar to that. I've no idea what's happening

dark_blitz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2012
for testing, unplug all those hdd

Welp I tried that. apparently my motherboard was dying, most games that I played started to spiral into abnormal FPS rates and it was awful, I reseated the CPU and after plugging it back in the system stopped to POST, I tried a ram at my friends, gpu and CPU at the store before buying a motherboard and it was indeed the culprit. Bought a new motherboard instead.

Thanks for the help!