Question What type of network do I need?

Feb 17, 2022
Hi all

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My small company is looking to move our crm software to a virtual server and introduce a remote desktop for a member of staff working remotely.

Now I have the I have a vps ready to act as the server and another to act as the remote workers pc both runnning windows.. However currently everything in our office is currently running on a very simple lan.

Obviously I need to access the software data on the server including the remote desktop, so thats 3 physical pc's in the office and one virtual desktop. Can anyone point me in the direction of what I need / how to, to make this possible? Thanks

Ralston18

Titan
Do the following:

1) Sketch out a simple diagram showing the existing network with all devices and connections. Label as appropriate but do not reveal any personal information.

Does not need to be elaborate or a work of art per se. Just complete and clear enough to show the proverbial "big picture".

2) Then, make a copy of that diagram and edit the copy to show the additional requirements.

Scan both diagrams and post here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Always helpful to see the bigger picture: sort of a"before" and "after" approach".

Reactions: SSri