[SOLVED] What type of pump is in the Corsair H55 Hydro?

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
And I mean the pre 2018/2017? model CW-9060010-WW that is round shaped and can fit in a Kraken G12. Does it use the Asetek Gen 6 pump?

There are discussions going on about the evga 3080 Hybrid using the Asetek Gen 6 like the 2080 Hybrid. Many claim this pump is loud and "buzzy" to the point of RMA. Then many others say theirs was dead silent. Maybe bad mounting?

If my AIO has Gen 6 I'd like to know but I can't find this info anywhere. Why do I want this info? My H55 is dead silent at full speed, you wouldn't know it was on unless you touched it to feel the vibrations, so if it's the same pump I would then not be worried about getting a 3080 Hybrid

Solution
The first one is Asetek's Gen 4. The second is Gen 6.
Oh gosh now you've stumped me lol. If that second pump is not supposed to have cog-teeth like the first, then it's definitely the first.
The first pic is taken from the CW-9060010-WW you typed in, which should be a gen 4.
The 2nd pic is taken from Corsair's H115i Pro, which is equipped with a 6th gen pump.
The milling of the cold plate also looks to be different between them. The first one has lines, the second one has a more grainy look.

Teeth? Are you looking at the outer edge of the pump block?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, definitely Asetek.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asetek
Going by the History section, either Gen 4 or 6, and the size of the cold plate is the only(apparently) readily visible difference.

So, which does your cooler's cold plate resemble?
#1?
-CW-9060010-WW-Gallery-H55-04.png

#2?
-CW-9060032-WW-Gallery-H115i-Pro-23.png

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The first one is Asetek's Gen 4. The second is Gen 6.
Oh gosh now you've stumped me lol. If that second pump is not supposed to have cog-teeth like the first, then it's definitely the first.
The first pic is taken from the CW-9060010-WW you typed in, which should be a gen 4.
The 2nd pic is taken from Corsair's H115i Pro, which is equipped with a 6th gen pump.
The milling of the cold plate also looks to be different between them. The first one has lines, the second one has a more grainy look.

Teeth? Are you looking at the outer edge of the pump block?

Last edited:
Solution

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
Yes I was. Thanks for the info. I guess now I am concerned about the Gen6 noise as I only have experience with Gen4

Here's to hoping the Gen6 has had revisions since it's use in the evga 2080 Hybrid

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
Maybe, maybe not.
I'll have you know that NZXT's Kraken X & Z suffix models ending in 3 are Gen 7... just some more food for thought.

Wow really? When was Gen 7 released? I wonder why evga went with the same gen pump for their 3080 Hybrid that people already were ripping them apart for in the 2080 series.