What Was The Last Movie You Watched? *no spoilers please*

g-unit1111

Titan
In theaters I saw Jurassic World. Great eye candy, but don't read too much into the plot. Planning to see Spy and Inside Out at some point.

On VOD I have Ex Machina in my cue but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Then last week I was on flights to and from NYC and had a chance to catch up on several movies:

- Horrible Bosses 2: If you liked the first one, this is more of the same. Kevin Spacey once again pretty much steals the show. :lol:
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2: Love Rob Corddry. :lol:
- The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies - nice setup to the LOTR series.
- Focus - Good con man movie, and Margot Robbie is scalding hot in several scenes.
- What We Do In The Shadows - Loved this movie, it's Flight Of The Concords meets Spinal Tap meets The Walking Dead.

NBSN

Admirable
I just watched Troll 2...lol. But have been watching through all of Bleach the past couple of weeks. I finished up all of the dubbed episodes and are now stuck on the subbed ones. Normally I prefer subbed shows but I prefer the voice acting for the dubbed ones more in this show.

last actual movie i watched? probably a rewatch of diehard2 a few weeks back. new movie that i watched? the maze runner. last movie in a theater? its been so long i cannot remember.

as you might have guessed i tend to watch animation quite a bit more than movies (though i do enjoy scifi/action flicks). if animation can be considered a movie then the last thing i watched was shokugeki no souma.

g-unit1111

Titan

If you've seen any of the recent Marvel flicks they're all great. Ant-Man, Age Of Ultron, and Guardians Of The Galaxy were all awesome.

How did you find The Ring?

I think it did okay for a horror movie, but it also felt kind of depressing. I wish the ending weren't what it was.

Ticity

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
Saw the new Star Wars movie.
I thought it was pretty good as a movie, and loved the humor in it(similar to Marvel Movies)
But then again I'm not a die hard starwars fan... :)

g-unit1111

Titan
I saw the Hateful Eight. It's definitely one of Quentin Tarantino's better movies. Samuel L. Jackson is great in this movie and there's some really crazy things that happen involving his character. I saw a special screening at the Arclight in LA that had it split into two parts - with an overture and an intermission. I want to see it again when I can see it as a whole.

I also saw Star Wars Episode VII. I'm a fan and enjoyed it a lot and will be looking forward to VIII and IX.

I like the former HP movies(first two), but not the latter ones. Could be because I didn't like the new Dumbledore, or could be also because the characters looked a lot better young than old(like similar to how you'd imagine them from the books, I mean).

I admit that it's pretty difficult to paint the HP world as portrayed in the books in a movie, but some of the movies looked half baked to me.

ExtremelyGeeky

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016

I have never read the books.. all i had was the movies for reference and i fell in love with them instantly... :)

I recommend them if you like the HP world. The storytelling is really good.

ExtremelyGeeky

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016

I might read them eventually, but right now I'm deep in a C.S. Lewis book that i've fallen in love with.
The Complete C. S. Lewis Signature Classics

It was pretty good, it sort of skimmed a bit but there's only so much that can be covered in a single movie. I don't know if it's a spoiler really, but it looked more at the affect on those around Jobs rather than his resume and his internal workings at Apple. Maybe not the most positive spin. More a view of Jobs through the eyes of those around him and the impact he had on them.

g-unit1111

Titan

That's the problem with most biopics - you can't see everything that happened in that person's life in 2 hours. I really liked the Johnny Cash one "Walk The Line" - the first time I saw it, but then I went back and watched it when it was on HBO a few weeks ago and I was like "this really sucks!" They had all this build up and then the ending was just like nothing. :lol:

I can't remember the name of the others, I've seen a few movies about Jobs' life. Some focus strictly on Apple, others him as a person. I don't put too much into just one movie because they're so limited in scope, still entertaining though. A lot of it I think depends on the outlook of the person telling the story, some are more objective while others tend to paint him as cold.

Not making excuses for him but especially when it comes to highly successful or brilliant people, they're just wired different. Geniuses will say or do something completely offensive to most of us and at the same time not even understand why it's offensive because the shortest distance from point A to B logically makes the most sense to them.

I think Jobs is the movie I've got that I haven't watched yet, the one from 2013. It'll be interesting to see what that one focuses on compared to 'the man in the machine'.

@ g-unit1111, I know what you mean. I've seen movies I really liked then watched them again at some point and thought 'really? where's the rest of it?' lol. Sometimes the versions on t.v. differ, I've found that with a lot of movies. Off the top of my head, some of the Harry Potter movies. I own them on dvd yet I've seen them play on t.v. and thought wait, what? I never saw that scene.