What were your childhood games and what are your favorite games of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2024
Also what do you think of modern games as in the very latest, do you find it all very boring as of late?

Imo after 100,000 rounds have been fired you can no longer fire rounds of bullets easily wo dying of boredom , so it doesn't mater if the latest game has photo realistic guns, its still 100,001 rounds fired, do you know what I mean?

Mar 23, 2024
Imo originality is the future of games, by necessity, fortunately its a good medium for originality (new experiences)

After COD 78 comes out in 2200 you will start to see the next originality era, in games

Mar 23, 2024
Id like to see a game where you are say a flea and you try to attack household pets and draw blood vs online friends trying to do the same thing and get laid and lay eggs, win the most off spring, win the game, much to the pets/humans distress

But in photo realism (up close photo realism)

Or the life of birds an online game where you choose a type of bird and attack other birds, steal their eggs ., the species you choose has less players on your team based on how powerful the bird is, an eagle has a team of one, and so u go larking around being a bird online

the experience of a flea or a bird is quite different from a humans experience and so u may find fun in the photo realism as opposed to boredom

An underwater game where u r deep sea submarine vessels but with melee attacks and weapons, it may be better because of the unique surroundings and the comical value of making the enemy implode , but in a shoddy way with mechanical arms difficult maneuvering etc unlike with military based submarines (a sub game military wise probably hasnt been done either)

instead of COD 16, photo realistic shooting each other, with m16's and rockets, So while it may not be any of the above you get my point originality could work

Mar 23, 2024
I started out on an old Atari 2600, so we had games like Pacman, Frogger, Pitfall, Qbert, Joust, ect. I loved Joust back then. NES my favorites were Zelda and Zelda II, but there were quite a few others that I liked. SNES my favorites were FFII (FFIV), and FFIII (FFIV).
I get it they were so original and fresh early on, maybe it makes poor business sense now to try and be original? Does it?

I get it they were so original and fresh early on, maybe it makes poor business sense now to try and be original? Does it?
All the games he listed for the 2600 were arcade ports that came to the console years later, not a one original game except pitfall maybe.
Also everything you have issues with in new games goes a thousandfold for these games, you think 100,000 bullets gets old fast? Try 100,000 pellets on a flickery pac-man game.
Good games have always been rare, no matter the time.

Mar 23, 2024
All the games he listed for the 2600 were arcade ports that came to the console years later, not a one original game except pitfall maybe.
Also everything you have issues with in new games goes a thousandfold for these games, you think 100,000 bullets gets old fast? Try 100,000 pellets on a flickery pac-man game.
Good games have always been rare, no matter the time.
Be careful what you say about the Pacman community.

Status
Not open for further replies.