What will AMD's equivelent to the gtx 970 be?

Dizzlepop11

Reputable
Jul 6, 2014
Because of my A88X chipset, I sadly cannot use SLI with the new 970 card by NvIdia. But, does anyone know what low-price-equivalent AMD will release to make a usable Crossfire-x version? I don't want to replace my Mobo and CPU, for that would $260 down the drain.

Solution
Around Q1 of 2015, they'll be releasing there "Pirate Islands" GPU's. R9 370x would be the lowest I believe as of what has been leaked...

Here is a graph of the suspected specs of the new GPU's :

AMD_R9_300_Series.png

The price of these... I have no idea. AMD is usually competitive in there pricing towards Nvidia. Even if these new GPU's will be expensive, the 290's will be getting a huge price cut when these arrive.

Note: Rumor has it, that the 390x will be using stock liquid cooling like the 295x2

Dazinek

Honorable
Sep 9, 2014
Around Q1 of 2015, they'll be releasing there "Pirate Islands" GPU's. R9 370x would be the lowest I believe as of what has been leaked...

Here is a graph of the suspected specs of the new GPU's :

AMD_R9_300_Series.png

The price of these... I have no idea. AMD is usually competitive in there pricing towards Nvidia. Even if these new GPU's will be expensive, the 290's will be getting a huge price cut when these arrive.

Note: Rumor has it, that the 390x will be using stock liquid cooling like the 295x2

Solution