Question what will make a better upgrade? for gaming/streaming

Mar 7, 2019
hi and I wanted to ask what would make a better upgrade

at the moment I got no graphics card and I got an Intel Pentium G3250

I wanted to know if it would be better to either buy an core i5-4690k for an upgrade or to buy a graphics card

also my budget is £150

any help will be appreciated thank you very much if you do help :)

Feb 23, 2019
I would say having both a decent cpu/gpu would result in better gameplay. Also depending on the games you’re trying to play. I see gaming/streaming being tough with integrated graphics. I know it can be done but no sure on that budget. From what I read that I5 May play some games on lower settings but again I feel it may be better to grab a little lower cpu and add a decent but cheap gpu

Reactions: Eagle_Maniac1117
Mar 7, 2019
eventually im planning on getting a gpu anyway if I get the cpu first couse I can play on games like csgo and from what I looked up with my cpu at the moment it is impossible to stream because it only has 2 cores/ 2 threads and the cpu I want to get has 4 cores/ 4 threads which Is apparently perfect for gaming and streaming

Feb 23, 2019
eventually im planning on getting a gpu anyway if I get the cpu first couse I can play on games like csgo and from what I looked up with my cpu at the moment it is impossible to stream because it only has 2 cores/ 2 threads and the cpu I want to get has 4 cores/ 4 threads which Is apparently perfect for gaming and streaming

It may very well be, but with a dedicated graphics card. Again I see it tough to play/stream most games on integrated graphics. Csgo May play as I’ve read it works a little better with less cores/threads. But again I see it being tough to game at expected settings with integrated graphics. Maybe someone else will chime in

Reactions: Eagle_Maniac1117
Mar 7, 2019
It may very well be, but with a dedicated graphics card. Again I see it tough to play/stream most games on integrated graphics. Csgo May play as I’ve read it works a little better with less cores/threads. But again I see it being tough to game at expected settings with integrated graphics. Maybe someone else will chime in
thanks for the help