[SOLVED] What would be a good price for a Alienware Aurora R12

Chris127

Reputable
Nov 19, 2020
Hi, I managed to get my hands on five Alienware Aurora R12s, equipped with an RTX 3080, intel i7-11700F and 16GB ram. They have had about half a year of use. I'm struggling find a good price to sell these at and a good place to list them due to huge variation. I also considered that there might be a possibility to sell them for more as individual components. Anyone got some good ideas for a suitable price tag, place and way to sell?

Solution
Some of the prices make no sense for the Aurora. Looking at sold items with similar specs on ebay. I'd say $1,400 to $1,500 (in the US).

Sell them locally for cash only. Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Letgo or similar. If the price is right. You should get a lot of interested buyers. If it's too low. You'll get way too many. So, pull the ad and raise the price. If you get pretty much nothing or just a bunch of lowballs. Pull the ad and lower the price. When the price is right. You should be able to sell one every day or two.

Don't price high and expect to haggle down in the US. The art of haggling is lost. You'll only get lowballs who won't go up much. You'll just get ignored by most real buyers. Price within $50 of your target and...
Some of the prices make no sense for the Aurora. Looking at sold items with similar specs on ebay. I'd say $1,400 to $1,500 (in the US).

Sell them locally for cash only. Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Letgo or similar. If the price is right. You should get a lot of interested buyers. If it's too low. You'll get way too many. So, pull the ad and raise the price. If you get pretty much nothing or just a bunch of lowballs. Pull the ad and lower the price. When the price is right. You should be able to sell one every day or two.

Don't price high and expect to haggle down in the US. The art of haggling is lost. You'll only get lowballs who won't go up much. You'll just get ignored by most real buyers. Price within $50 of your target and be willing to go $50 under what your target is.

Use an app like burner for temporary numbers. You don't want to put your real number in an ad to be remembered forever by spammers..

Take good pictures and something to show it is a real. Like a handwritten note giving the date of the ad placement and user name or something like that. Also have something that tells them to do something on their first text or e-mail. Like give the name of your favorite Ninja Turtle. So, you can ignore and block all the texts from spam bots and time wasting idiots who don't read the ad and won't be worth your time.

Don't mention you have five units or list them all at the same time.

Since this is a desktop. You'll probably need to demonstrate at home. If you have a garage, use that for the setup and leave the door open. Buyers need to either come to you or meet at a nearby public place or designated safe selling area. Don't go driving all over as too many people are late or no shows. Serious buyers come to you or most of the way to you.

Solution