What would be the bes PSU for my rig?

Rebel A

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Hi guys! You just recently helped me with my SSD problem and I'm very glad about it , I ended up picking the 840 EVO 250gb and I'm so happy with it , just wanted to remind you that you're the best guys!

Now I don't know which PSU should I get... I have a CM GX 750w right now and everybody told me that this PSU's crap.. it's 80 Plus Bronze... so now I'm thinking about a PSU that would last a least for 7 or 10 years .. I mean it's just a PSU not like a VGA that you should be replacing every 1-2 years.. I was thinking about the AX 1200i 80 Plus Platinum but I was kinda worry about the wattage... Will this be enough for what I'm planning to use?

Here's all the hardware i'd be using on my future rig
CPU: 4930k? I mean this is the cheapest 6core/12tthread processor , now I got i7 2600 , will this be an improvement? Or should I wait for Haswell-E /8cores/16threads.. maybe i7 5930k? and I also want to overclock it ..

VGA: for now I'll be getting just 1 780Ti and I'll get the 2nd in 3months later (maybe a 3rd one, but I don't know if its really an improvement when you already have 2) what about the 800 series? When will this come out? Should I wait? Sorry if I'm asking too many question but I wanna do the right thing.. so for VGA's 2 or 3 max

Storage: 1 SSD and several HDD's , like 5 or 7 2tb o 3tb

Sound Card: Maybe Asus Xonar , which is the best for gaming?

Monitor: I want 3 monitors , is there any noticeable difference between 120 and 144hz? and 2 or 1ms , about the res.. With 2 780Ti's I'll be able to run 4K? Games and stuff..

Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
RAM: 32gb Corsair Dom Platinum 1600 (I've been watchin Linus' channel on Youtube and he says there's no difference between 1600 and 1866/2000/2400/2600 Mhz , is that true?)
and a BRWriter LG

I think that's everything.. I guess mouse , keyboard and stuff doesn't count right?
And one last question.. If I have a 1200w PSU and I only use.. let's say 700w .. is there any problem? I mean.. I've read that if you don't use the maximum capacity or near you could have problems and some hardware could die or something .. Is this really true? Because I'll be saving up money to buy the entire rig.. So I won't have all the items at the time I install the PSU..

That's it guys.. sorry about the LARGE question and my bad English.. I always try to do my best..
So please guys , you're the experts!
Thanks again for helping this confused PC lover!

Solution
Well 1200W might be a bit too much, the 1000W one from EVGA I recommended should be perfect.

I doubt you'll hear the difference between the sound card and the on-board audio unless you are using some $500 headphones.

As far as the waiting goes, it depends completely on how long you're ready wait.
Well the AX1200i is a bit overkill but so is the rest of your system :)D) so I think that should do fine. And no, having a too big PSU won't toast your components (if it did, my PC wouldn't have lasted for a day). You could also try the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 if 1200W feels like too much.

I don't know about waiting for the CPU, but the GTX 8** is rumored to come out in December or early 2015 so waiting might not be the best thing to do.

I think that there's no noticeable difference between 120 and 144Hz or 1 and 2 ms. The GTX 780Ti in 2-way SLI should easily be able to handle 3 1080p screens or a single 4k screen while gaming.

As for the RAM, no, the difference is quite small so paying hundreds of dollars for faster RAM isn't very ideal IMHO.

Sound cards are pretty useless when it comes to gaming; The on-board audio of your motherboard should be more than enough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1rXcJuEsy0

Did I miss anything?

Rebel A

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

Thanks for your answer! Do you think 1200w is too much for what I need? So you're telling me that on board audii is the same compared to a sound card? I want it for gaming and music.. I want a 7.1 sound system so I thought maybe a sound card would be way better than the on board audio..
And about the VGA.. I dont' wanna feel that I could buy somethijng better if I waited a little more..
for example , Samsung's about to release their new SSD 845 EVO and it might kick in the balls my 840 EVO , so I'll be very sad if it happens.. That's what I consider to wait a little bit but I'm not an expert.. What should I do?

Well 1200W might be a bit too much, the 1000W one from EVGA I recommended should be perfect.

I doubt you'll hear the difference between the sound card and the on-board audio unless you are using some $500 headphones.

As far as the waiting goes, it depends completely on how long you're ready wait.

Solution