[SOLVED] What would be the best candidate to replace my R9 270X

Sep 1, 2019
I am looking to renew my AMD R9 270X because I think it is the "weak point" of my actual configuration. My PC is for mixed use (From rendering to gaming, passing by some word and excel stuff...)
The main objective would be to "match" the other elements.

CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: R9 270X
RAM: 16GB DDR 800Mhz
PSU: Enermax 550W

Solution
That's a tough call to make. TBH, your CPU is the limiting factor. I wouldn't go further than a GTX 1050ti/GTX1060 or AMD RX570/580. Your CPU will possibly bottleneck even those cards somewhat (Game dependant).

A GTX1050ti/RX570 8gb would be a nice balance with your system, but hardly worth the cost over what you have. You will certainly get a bump in performance FPS wise, roughly about 10% with a GTX 1050ti,
That's a tough call to make. TBH, your CPU is the limiting factor. I wouldn't go further than a GTX 1050ti/GTX1060 or AMD RX570/580. Your CPU will possibly bottleneck even those cards somewhat (Game dependant).

A GTX1050ti/RX570 8gb would be a nice balance with your system, but hardly worth the cost over what you have. You will certainly get a bump in performance FPS wise, roughly about 10% with a GTX 1050ti,

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Solution
Sep 1, 2019

And that's why I asked. I'll then look for another solution. I was really thinking the R9 was the weak point.
Thank you very much!

Jul 17, 2019
Tbh i think that on this system nothing really can be upgraded. If you chose even low end GPUs they will be bottlenecking ur system. I think if you want an upgrade you should buy a new Motherboard, CPU and Memory. So basically a new System without the power supply and graphics card.

And that's why I asked. I'll then look for another solution. I was really thinking the R9 was the weak point.
Thank you very much!

No problem, you're welcome.

You'd be surprised what value you can get right now. With $450 budget you can get a new CPU/Mobo/16gbs of ram, and use your current card for the moment. Then save a little more for 6 months and get a new GPU and you will be playing games at max settings and fluid experience with a nice system.

Just a thought.

Jul 17, 2019
Thank you very much!
If you want to get new parts i would recommend using a ryzen 3600 or 3800x as the CPU. A decent B450 motherboard will be more than enough for those cpus and 16GB of 3200mhz cl16 or cl15 ram