Question What

Antic45

Reputable
Feb 11, 2020
So I want to buy a new monitor but don't know which one, I think that AOC C27G1 is really good for that price but i want to hear others opinions.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
27", 1080p, 144Hz, VA panel?

With those specs, the AOC C27G1 is the cheapest of the bunch, with most of it's competitors being in the ~$200 USD range, or higher.

The Sceptre C275B gives you an alternative (3ms vs 1ms though), for similar money.... probably worth considering too:
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3VqhP6/sceptre-c275b-144rn-270-1920x1080-144-hz-monitor-c275b-144rn

As far as the monitor itself..... it is what it is. Corners will have been cut to get down to such a cheap pricepoint, and I'm not sure what AOC's 'dead pixel policy' is, but the monitor itself should be decent enough for the money.

Feb 11, 2020
So I want to buy a new monitor but don't know which one, I think that AOC C27G1 is really good for that price but i want to hear others opinions.

You would be upset, because this monitor has only 250 cd/m2... your screen would be pale without HDR...
Try to find something with IPS matrix, for better colourfull screen. This is cheap monitor, I tried it before I bought my Acer kg271bbmIPX. I took 32 inch, 1920x1080, and I was very disturbed about screen... So I turned back in the store this one, and after that i bought 27 inch acer.

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You would be upset, because this monitor has only 250 cd/m2... your screen would be pale without HDR...
Try to find something with IPS matrix, for better colourfull screen. This is cheap monitor, I tried it before I bought my Acer kg271bbmIPX. I took 32 inch, 1920x1080, and I was very disturbed about screen...

I don't think anybody would be upset about the lack of HDR in a ~$170 monitor?

There's definitely corners cut here vs some of the >$200-$250 offerings, but that makes it a 'budget' monitor... not a 'bad' monitor.

32" is pretty large for 1080p, and general consensus would likely be that it would be a poor experience.
You sit close enough to a monitor (generally) that pixels would be pretty obvious.

Feb 11, 2020
I don't think anybody would be upset about the lack of HDR in a ~$170 monitor?

There's definitely corners cut here vs some of the >$200-$250 offerings, but that makes it a 'budget' monitor... not a 'bad' monitor.

32" is pretty large for 1080p, and general consensus would likely be that it would be a poor experience.
You sit close enough to a monitor (generally) that pixels would be pretty obvious.

Yes right, monitor was very close - 40 inches from the eyes... but not this pixel's give me disorder... I just was using before this purchase 40 inch tv with HDR (60hz), do you know how much cost this tv for me? - 250$ , I changed it because of 60hz refreshrate, this is very not enough for gaming... After this colour's everything looking very pale and sadly, like old...
And i'm not sure that 27 inch this AOC would be with great picture without pixel's, because this kind of AOC is a cheapest, may be they are have bad matrix ...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
After this colour's everything looking very pale and sadly, like old...

Stepping 'down' from HDR to no-HDR will always impact your decision - much like dropping from 100+Hz back to a 60Hz panel.

BUT given the OP is considering a ~$170 panel, I would assume (could be wrong) that they're not currently viewing/playing with HDR and, as a result, they're not going to miss it.

Antic45

Reputable
Feb 11, 2020
Hmmm AOC is VA monitor and i already have IPS so it will be big change for me and The Sceptre C275B is not available in my country so can you give me any advice what monitor to buy i also wanted AOC because of 144Hz and 27 inches