whatever motherboard i pick, i get an error message on pcpartpicker

GabeGecko

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
"Some <insert amd mobo chipset> chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Pinnacle Ridge CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions."

i have an AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor cpu in my pc build and whatever motherboard i pick, that's the error message i get

should i be worried?

GabeGecko

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
"The CRYORIG - H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the MSI - X370 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard."

is this a problem?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Go with a B4xx or X4xx series motherboard. The B3/X3xx motherboards only natively support the first gen Ryzen CPUs and required a BIOS update in order to support the second gen processors.

While motherboard manufacturers may have updated the BIOS on boards they ship, you never know how long the board you eventually get has been sitting on the store's warehouse shelf. It may or may not be running the needed BIOS version, in which case, you would need a first gen processor to update the BIOS so you could use the second gen processor.

-Wolf sends

TRENDING THREADS