What's a good laptop that is fast, slim, lightweight, is at least 1080p, and has good components and build quality?

Apr 1, 2016
I've had seven laptops in a year, so I am tired of buying junk.
All I want from a laptop is one that is built with quality parts, is lightweight, has 15" or 13" screen, at least 1080p though I would prefer 2k or 4K, not bulky, and will operate smoothly for simple programs like MS Office, google, and watching videos. I like 2in1s, but it doesn't have to be.

This seems like an easy question, but for me, not so much. I refuse to pay $2000 for a gaming pc that will be wasted using only simple programs, and the less expensive ones are too heavy and bulky. I don't have anything left to buy. I see some good but also terrible reviews for dell's xps series. Those bad ranging from track pad issues, to bad networking cards, loud fans, and overall not working. The asus zenbook looked fine until I saw many reviews about bad quality control, people receiving damaged or broken computers, to one guy getting one that almost caught on fire. I have yet to see a single Toshiba or acer not made of cheep plastic and a surface pro is useless for typing unless it is left on a desk. If I want to type at a desk I would just use my gaming pc. I need something portable that can sit in my lap.

I've already had:

Two Lenovo yoga 3's with the ghost touch issue (look it up, it's terrible to deal with, and apparently the yoga 700 has the same problem)

Lenovo thinkpad with a broken networking card straight from the box. (I gave up on lenovo then)

Dell Insprion 7000 that became way too hot no matter the task, then lagged to a standstill and crashed

Asus Q551L lasted 4 months without issue. Now the track pad barely works, the screen is dimmed to low and cannot be brightened (adaptive brightness is off, and it is set to high performance so that's not causing it). The screen sometimes flashes too, and for about a week would change to bright blue and green. Somehow the way data was allocated in the hard drive was messed up. This caused the computer to freeze from the moment it turned on. That has been fixed but the computer repair store (Not geek squad, but real people who build gaming pcs for a living) and I both know the hard drive is bad, and with the track pad and screen issues there is no reason to waste anymore money on this laptop. It's not worth it, not when it was not that good to start with.

Hp Spectre 360x. Great except I can't use MS Word, which is what I need MOST. It uses up to 50% of my cpu when in use, which causes the pc to first get really hot, and then lag to where it will not work. This can't be fixed. The computer appeared fine on every test that can be run, and yet it uses so much cpu, but only in MS word. The program has been reinstalled, and I've gone over form after form without a solution. Everything else works fine, though. It's a mystery that Microsoft tech can't fix (though, I discredited them when the tech told me 50% was normal for word and I just bought a slow, bad computer) HP support tired but can't fix it.Geek squad took it but did nothing (no surprise there), and a real repair store tired but they can't fix it either because other then visually being able to see it lag and use high cpu and feel it get super hot, the diagnostics come back fine.

Solution

Maybe this isn't the best way to go but I will suggest it anyway. I have bought myself a laptop that I could configure. Clevo is one of the most known brands to let you do this and the laptops can go as low as 300$.

Solution