[SOLVED] What's going on with my PC?

Sep 11, 2019
So the other day I took my computer apart to add-on a HDD (Which I couldn't install because I forgot the MOBO hook-up) and after I plugged it back up there was no power to the USB ports and no signal to the monitor. This has happened before so I did the usual run-through and pushed in any potentially loose cords which worked and now I have power to everything BUT my PC is extremely slow on start-up and (Dunno if this is related) Google Chrome is broken/black-screening.

I'm running Windows 10, and will provide any additional info if needed.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Solution
I would remove the GPU and try running on integrated graphics and see if the issue persists.
However the PSU you have is very poor quality so could well be the culprit of your problems.

The fact that this has happened previously would suggest something isn't right to begin with.
Sep 11, 2019
I took my GPU out to get a better look at the motherboard. Other than that, nothing was moved and no cables were switched.

And thank you for the welcome!

Sep 11, 2019
You say this has happened before though?
What is the rest of your system spec including PSU make and model?

MSI Z97 GAMING 3 AT MOBO
INTEL I7-4790K CPU
2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT XT 4GB
OCZ ARC 100 SERIES 120GB SSD
WD BLUE 1 TB HDD
THERMAL TAKE TR-700 700W PSU
GTX 970 G1 GAMING GPU

The lack of power to monitor and USB ports has happened in the past during a move. I 'solved' it back then by pushing in the main motherboard PSU hook-up which had come loose. Both times when there is no power to the ports or monitor all the fans still kick on as do the lights. But this time after checking the same cord and getting power back my PC is A LOT slower on start-up unlike the previous occurance. There's also the issue with Chrome which is new.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I would remove the GPU and try running on integrated graphics and see if the issue persists.
However the PSU you have is very poor quality so could well be the culprit of your problems.

The fact that this has happened previously would suggest something isn't right to begin with.

Solution