What's making the noise in my PC?!

Sam-longhurst

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
Hey all,
My PC is making a large amount of noise (in my opinion) but I can't tell which component is making it! I've tried to listen but the case is just too compact for me to know which it is! Will it be the default fans, the graphics card, the power supply or the CPU water cooler (H55 corsair)?

Please let me know which it is most likely to be and how I could fix it! P.s if you need any more details about the components then I will find out!

Solution
Get a piece or hose, about 12 inches long. Put one end to your ear and the other end on or near the fans, pumps, whatever one at a time. Or if you have a stethoscope or you have kids that have a play doctor set, they usually have a toy steth (the thing your doc uses to listen to your lungs). Works great for car diagnosing too, amplifies the sounds, one component at a time :)

maugusto

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
you can try to unplug the fans and then compare where is the noise coming from, but usually stock fans are the ones that make more noise. in my case, the H110 corsair fans are horrible, when i swap them with 2x good quality fans, the cooler is virtually silent

Sam-longhurst

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014

It's not a clicking noise sorry, it's as if the fans are going full power 24/7. I've tried bios but it is 3 pin so it changes nothing even when the settings say they do

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Get a piece or hose, about 12 inches long. Put one end to your ear and the other end on or near the fans, pumps, whatever one at a time. Or if you have a stethoscope or you have kids that have a play doctor set, they usually have a toy steth (the thing your doc uses to listen to your lungs). Works great for car diagnosing too, amplifies the sounds, one component at a time :)

Solution