Question Whats the best 24-32" monitor for quicker response times and less input lag?

Apr 26, 2024
My main needs are rapid response times between mouse/keyboard actions to screen

All suggestions are very appreciated

My Current considerations

360hz - 0.5ms - Dell Alienware AW2523HF
360hz - 0.5ms - Dell Alienware AW2521H
390hz(Overclocked ) - 0.5ms - Acer Nitro XV252Q Fbmiiprx

Also, does anybody know the difference between AW2523HF and AW2521H

I have a 1080GTX, intend to run 1080p or 2k, would this card be ok for 360hz @ 1080 / 2k?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Really depends on the game, but generally no, a GTX1080 is not enough for a 360hz monitor, particularly in anything recent. High FPS is also heavily reliant on CPU performance when you use competitive settings.

AW2521H is a G-Sync monitor (I think this one is also much older, no one is prioritizing G-Sync that much)
AW2523HF is a FreeSync Premium monitor.
XV252Q Fbmiiprx is a FreeSync Premium monitor

OLED monitors tend to have the best pixel performance, but not the fastest refresh rates, but I gather those are out of budget?

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Apr 26, 2024
I should of mentioned its not for gaming, its for technical work.

@Eximo Sure make a OLED recommendation if you wish.
I guess from my list the best would be the AW2523HF?

@Zerk2012 you have a valid point but my work is done offline, so its direct user to program experience.
I have an 8k polling mouse

If it's not for gaming, then anything over 144hz is pointless.

For the work you do, a good 27in IPS panel with a min of 144hz would be much better suited, than something with 360hz and lower res.

My main needs are rapid response times between mouse/keyboard actions to screen
Please elaborate. What is it you do, outside of gaming, that requires such response times? How would that be helpful to you? I'm interested to know.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024
If it's not for gaming, then anything over 144hz is pointless.

For the work you do, a good 27in IPS panel with a min of 144hz would be much better suited, than something with 360hz.

Please elaborate. What is it you do, outside of gaming, that requires such response times? How would that be helpful to you? I'm interested to know.

This is false, I can still detect input lag with a 120hz monitor.

The user experience is enhanced the faster the mouse/keystrokes are reflected on the screen, - in my case its more the mouse lag the more inaccuracy when using the program.

I do mostly photo/video editing for technical drawings.

Apr 26, 2024
Thanks, I used that website to learn about the 3 monitors above.

However, some users are saying for example a 360hz TN panel @ 0.05ms would be much faster than a 360hz LCD panel @0.05ms

This is false, I can still detect input lag with a 120hz monitor.

The user experience is enhanced the faster the mouse/keystrokes are reflected on the screen, - in my case its more the mouse lag the more inaccuracy when using the program.

I do mostly photo/video editing for technical drawings.
Okay, lets slow this down a little. What are the rest of your system specs?
Thanks, I used that website to learn about the 3 monitors above.

However, some users are saying for example a 360hz TN panel @ 0.05ms would be much faster than a 360hz LCD panel @0.05ms
You don't want to go near a TN panel for work. They are not suitable. IPS, Mini led are much better for many reasons.

Apr 26, 2024
Okay, lets slow this down a little. What are the rest of your system specs?

You don't want to go near a TN panel for work. They are not suitable. IPS, Mini led are much better for many reasons.

32GB ddr4 corsair
4770k OC @ 4.6Ghz(if memory correct)
Samsung Evo SSD 500GB.

Why do you say dont use a TN panel for work?

What do you think of the MSI MPG 271QRXDE

Why do you say dont use a TN panel for work?
TN panels are basic and are only really matched with very high hz/fps. VA (although I don't like them myself) and IPS panels give much better contrast (VA) or better over all colour (IPS).
What do you think of the MSI MPG 271QRXDE
Is that the OLED model? That would be expensive I'd imagine. It is v good though. Although reading about OLED there seems to be burn in issues.

Look at my own monitor, MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD 1440p WQHD 165hz , it's a stellar monitor. I love it. It actually has a 170hz max, HDR, and is IPS.

Apr 26, 2024
TN panels are basic and are only really matched with very high hz/fps. VA (although I don't like them myself) and IPS panels give much better contrast (VA) or better over all colour (IPS).

Is that the OLED model? That would be expensive I'd imagine. It is v good though. Although reading about OLED there seems to be burn in issues.

Look at my own monitor, MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD 1440p WQHD 165hz , it's a stellar monitor. I love it. It actually has a 170hz max, HDR, and is IPS.

The MSI is a QD-OLED @ 360hz
However, ive found the AW2524HF is a 500hz IPS for £400, versus the above MSI @ £1000.
The MSI you have is a IPS @ 170hz, seeing as 360 - 500hz is now common im trying to benefit from those.

AW2524HF is a 500hz IPS for £400,
This is a 1080p panel. I'm kinda not following your logic here. If your main use is not gaming, then surely the higher res 1440p would be better. In terms of pixel density , the 25 inch 1080p panel will only be 88ppi. The MSI you mentioned being much more expensive, with higher res and screen size hits 118 ppi. It's much clearer on the 1440p. This will also have an affect on where you're sitting in relation to the screen. You will see pixelation depending on how far away from the monitor you are. Your comparing the 1080p panel to one that is 1440p, and TBH, that's like comparing an apple to an orange.
The MSI you have is a IPS @ 170hz, seeing as 360 - 500hz is now common im trying to benefit from those.
Outside of pc gaming, higher refresh rates make little or no change. Yes, up to 165hz maybe, beyond that it's only for esports gaming, not work.

Also, the 'work' I referred to is the one you've highlighted throughout the thread.

Last edited:
Edit: Also, you do realise don't you that the mouse polling rate only goes so far? At 1000ms polling rate, the mouse updates it's position 1000 per second. This is near instantaneous responses. Having a mouse that can poll at 8000ms, is practically imperceptible to humans to detect changes between the two.

Apr 26, 2024
This is a 1080p panel. I'm kinda not following your logic here. If your main use is not gaming, then surely the higher res 1440p would be better. In terms of pixel density , the 25 inch 1080p panel will only be 88ppi. The MSI you mentioned being much more expensive, with higher res and screen size hits 118 ppi. It's much clearer on the 1440p. This will also have an affect on where you're sitting in relation to the screen. You will see pixelation depending on how far away from the monitor you are. Your comparing the 1080p panel to one that is 1440p, and TBH, that's like comparing an apple to an orange.

Outside of pc gaming, higher refresh rates make little or no change. Yes, up to 165hz maybe, beyond that it's only for esports gaming, not work.

Also, the 'work' I referred to is the one you've highlighted throughout the thread.
60hz vs 120hz vs 165hz vs higher, you can see a noticeable effect of the mouse movement delay alone just using the desktop. when you move your mouse from top to bottom... this doesnt even begin to include work case scenarios.

and im aware of 1080p vs 2k, but as I said my main concern is input lag, this was emphasized at the start of this thread.