what's the best (GPU) i can get for my PC?

khaled_82

Honorable
Jul 22, 2015
Hey guys
I need help upgrading my OLD PC, I want to make it a good Gaming
please don't suggest me a new PC because i dont have alot of money.

I am planning on upgrading my Graphic Card, so help me get the best Graphic Card

My computer specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Extreme Processor QX9650 @ 3.00, 12M Cache
Ram: 8GB DDR2
System type: 64-bit
Video card: XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q-E
PSU: XFX Pro Series 850W Black Edition
LED Monitors: Samsung 22" BX2331 LED" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD
SSD Corsair force 3 120GB
HHD 500 GB+1TB
Case: AeroCool VX-e Pro

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!.

Solution
I agree that something around GTX 1050 level would likely be good. It should be multiple times as powerful as an 8800, and capable of running most modern games reasonably well at 1080p. Anything more powerful would likely be more limited by your CPU, and probably not worth paying significantly more for, especially given the increased prices for graphics cards in recent months.

The QX9650 will undoubtedly limit performance in many games, so I wouldn't expect anything near 60fps in the most demanding titles, but I suspect that most recent games should be able to manage at least a playable 30+fps even on that CPU.

dshort01

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
All the major movie studios and gaming companies spends many thousands of dollars. So when you say, "The Best", qualify it with how much you want to spend. Toms Hardware does excellent reviews on GPU's and I would suggest you start there. Give us the max you want to spend and I am willing to be you will get some great recommendations from this community.

dshort01

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
MERGED QUESTION
Question from khaled_82 : "what's the best (GPU) i can get for my PC?"

Take a look at this link http://www.tomshardware.com/t/graphics/
Best GPU's for the money.

I agree that something around GTX 1050 level would likely be good. It should be multiple times as powerful as an 8800, and capable of running most modern games reasonably well at 1080p. Anything more powerful would likely be more limited by your CPU, and probably not worth paying significantly more for, especially given the increased prices for graphics cards in recent months.

The QX9650 will undoubtedly limit performance in many games, so I wouldn't expect anything near 60fps in the most demanding titles, but I suspect that most recent games should be able to manage at least a playable 30+fps even on that CPU.

Solution