[SOLVED] What's the difference

WolfandTheJoker

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
So for the longest time I have had my PC plugged into a regular TV (like LCD/LED) about a year ago I bought a PC monitor from a friend. To my eyes, side by side, they look the same in regards to picture quality and frame rate. So what is the difference especially since you can buy much bigger and better TVs at the same price as some basic monitors.

Solution
the pixels are larger.
the TV will have functions wanted for a TV not a monitor. TVs shut off, monitors sleep for example. remote control. TV tuner. etc.

my main monitor is an LED tv, my side screen is a monitor.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the pixels are larger.
the TV will have functions wanted for a TV not a monitor. TVs shut off, monitors sleep for example. remote control. TV tuner. etc.

Solution

WolfandTheJoker

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
the pixels are larger.

the pixels are larger.

True my monitor never sleeps.....it.......is......always.......watching.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
contrast, size, power consumption, ports, response time

a tv usually has digtal broadcast tunner, monitor doesn't

tv comes with remote to control alot of things, very rare to see a monitor with that

you can't use a tv as monitor without a wall mount, monitor comes with vesa mount and a monitor stand that can be adjusted

the monitor might have better refresh rate, alot of tvs will only have 60hz, even when they report 120hz, some monitors do natively 75hz and up to 240hz