What's the largest monitor I can get for $285

nathanfrabott

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
I have $285 I want to put towards a computer monitor so I can stop using my TV. I really want a large monitor, like at least 25-27 inches. What's the best monitor I can get with 1920X1080 for the money I have??

nathanfrabott

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
I can do that the only thing is I don't know much about what the "ms" means, what normal resolution come with desktops. I just don't know much about them to make an educated decision about what monitor to get. That's why I ask you guys. So I learn about them.

Can Google everything you need to know about what makes a good monitor, good. Will also learn a helluva lot more that way than just taking some random person advice. There are full lines of 27 inch monitors now. Some are 1080p some are 1200p. Personally I like the 16:10 aspect ratio better, just a personal preference. You want a low MS, which is GTG (the time it takes a pixel to turn from grey, thru all the colors to grey again) grey to grey. IPS panels are different, better image quality, slower GTG. There are 1440p and 1600p resolutions as well. Best thing to do, go to a local store and check out the monitors yourself and see which is right for you.