What's the Max heat that An AMD HD5450 can Bear ?

loursbourg

Distinguished
May 24, 2015
Guys, i have an hd5450 ddr3 (2gb if that matters it's all crap)
i have 2gb ram , e6300 (1.86ghz) , 470w PSU, and windows 7 Home Edition installed ,
when i play games like COD MW2,Crysis 2 or Remember me, everything works okay , but when i am just browsing the web or doing normal stuff , the graphics card crashes from time to time , Noisy lines appear and the screen freezes then restarts !: i repeat when i play games it works fine no lines no freezing , but else it crashes ! help

Solution
Not sure heat is the only issue. When overclocking power is a issue as well, a 470W PSU is kinda small for overclocking (depends on how much though). I know when I used under-powered PSU I had the SAME PROBLEMS, but this was years ago...I learned my lesson. Though, assuming it is not a power issue and is a heat problem I would not let it get hotter than 70'c anything more and you will see problems with the system.

Hope this helped!

Jake Held

Reputable
May 20, 2015
Not sure heat is the only issue. When overclocking power is a issue as well, a 470W PSU is kinda small for overclocking (depends on how much though). I know when I used under-powered PSU I had the SAME PROBLEMS, but this was years ago...I learned my lesson. Though, assuming it is not a power issue and is a heat problem I would not let it get hotter than 70'c anything more and you will see problems with the system.

Hope this helped!

Solution

loursbourg

Distinguished
May 24, 2015

Jake Held

Reputable
May 20, 2015
If you are overclocking, you would know. This is not something that is done with a few clicks. But, if you want to check you can open ATI Catalyst and check the clock speed. If it is over 650MHz, you are overclocked.