Whats wrong with my CPU?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Apemanjoe

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
I have had my laptop for about 3 months now and it the GeForce recommends ultra settings on many games and it worked for the first month but now i cant get more then 60 FPS on medium setting on games such as smite and LoL.

Specs:
SPECS:
GPU: GeForce GT 755M
CPU:Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4700 @2.4 Ghz
8 gb ram
windows 8.1

I have updated everything and my temps while in game are 64 C for my cpu and around 60 for my GPU i dont think its to hot is my graphics card just not working properly?

Any Help is appreciated!

wow useless, but at least on page 26 they tell you how to access BIOS. We can do this now or tomorrow. Not sure how long it will take. Maybe 2 minutes, maybe 20 depending on how fast it can boot back up after you go looking around in the BIOS.

Apemanjoe

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
well funny things is i have been into my bios before but getting around inside i have no clue but also i want to thank you for all your help! and this cpu boots up rather fast and im in the ET time zone its 1230 right now and i will be on around 4 ish tomorrow!

thanks again

It will be in the BIOS called Speed Step or Turbo Core or something just needs to be enabled.

Apemanjoe

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
with windows 8 it doesn't give you a f2 option you have to do a restart that takes you into the BIOS which is defiantly not the advanced settings all it is are options like turn on safe boot and random stuff.

Apemanjoe

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
yes but im in luck refreshing my cpu back to factory settings beside my files it cleared something out that slowed down my games now its fine 0_o thanks though guys must of been virus or something ^^

That or something wasn't set right in registry. Who knows.