Question Whats wrong with my gaming pc?

Mattyr38

Prominent
Apr 6, 2023
Hello,
First time poster so I'm sorry in advance for poor grammar lol

I built a gaming pc and for 3moths it's been fine untill a did a ram timings change and, my screen started glitching so, I did a full windows instal reinstalled drivers and no gpu detected? I changed slots and no detection ? I took gpu to friends and no detection?
I the got a new gpu and again no detection?
My pc still powers on and displays using the on-board graphics but can not get the gpus to work?
I ordered a new motherboard but I'm worried it won't change the problem?

Has anyone had a problem like this
My pc.....
Ryzen 5 5600g
Msi Rx6750xt 12gb
B550 a pro mobo
Adx 650w gold modular psu

Newly purchased gpu is a asus rx6750xt dual oc and this does not detect in pc also?

Is it the motherboard?
Did the system kill motherboards pcie lanes both slots top and bottom 1x x16 slot & 1x x8 slot both do not detect gpu?

Mattyr38

Prominent
Apr 6, 2023
First thing would be to reset the cmos/bios. There’s usually a jumper that you can short that will do it.
Yes I have done that and I also installed the latest bios. It would work on my friends if it was only a bios update shortly? I'm leaning towards bad motherboard since the new gpu does not work also?

Mattyr38

Prominent
Apr 6, 2023
My PC crashed and would not recognise my descrete GPU for some strange reason?
I was making a few changes to my system at the time here is a list of what my system is...

mid tower 4x fan case
R5 5600g 3900mhz/4400mhz
Msi b550 a pro mobo
240mm cpu cooler
Adx 650w modular psu gold
msi rx6750xt
1tb m.2 ssd
Windows 11 Pro

I was doing
Undervolted 5600g from stock 1.4v down to 1.330v, bumped the boost clock ratio up from stock 3900mhz to 4500mhz its rated to 4400mhz..

Slightly changed RAM timings and clock speed up to 3600mhz at 1.370v

Updated amd driver also rolled them back once I noticed my gpu wasn't being recognised anywhere

I wiped my pc with a reset & reinstalled all latest drivers and relative software but NO LUCK?

I then took gpu to a friend's house and it didn't work there? So I got a brand new gpu Asus rx6750xt dual oc and installed it in my system, that also does not work? My pc have a intergrated chip so I can still power on the pc to use and it seems fine?

The new gpu the asus rx6750xt oc dual has 2 little red led lights near the power connecter that do light up with the card installed in the system system? So does that mean the motherboard is broke or maybe my psu?

The psu is new and worked fine it doesn't even get hot even when gaming? Like I said the system is still usable just can't get any gpu to work?

Any ideas guys please
Thank you

Mattyr38

Prominent
Apr 6, 2023
Hello,
First time poster so I'm sorry in advance for poor grammar lol

I built a gaming pc and for 3moths it's been fine untill a did a ram timings change and, my screen started glitching so, I did a full windows instal reinstalled drivers and no gpu detected? I changed slots and no detection ? I took gpu to friends and no detection?
I the got a new gpu and again no detection?
My pc still powers on and displays using the on-board graphics but can not get the gpus to work?
I ordered a new motherboard but I'm worried it won't change the problem?

Has anyone had a problem like this
My pc.....
Ryzen 5 5600g
Msi Rx6750xt 12gb
B550 a pro mobo
Adx 650w gold modular psu

Newly purchased gpu is a asus rx6750xt dual oc and this does not detect in pc also?

Is it the motherboard?
Did the system kill motherboards pcie lanes both slots top and bottom 1x x16 slot & 1x x8 slot both do not detect gpu?
Does anyone have any ideas?

First off, don't try overclocking without some basic understanding on the subject. Second, the 5600x won't hit 4.5ghz, especially @ 1.3v!

Once you get the new motherboard go ahead and update to latest stable BIOS. Make sure RAM is installed in slots a2-b2. Enable XMP/D.O.C.P and PBO. That's all you're gonna do to!

I'm not sure about that PSU brand, so you might want to purchase a quality 650w unit. The PSU is after all the most important component in a PC.