Whats your FFXIV Benchmark score?

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

notty22

Distinguished

You have not got your system running as optimal as before, but there is no reason why it can not be. Whether its the chipset drivers, ? holding back some cpu/memory performance or your gpu driver is possibly forcing some quality settings ?
Make sure that you have performance selected under NV panel.

He must have missed a setting cause I doubt the RAM limitation is at fault here since the game doesn't even cap out at 3Gb's

G

Low: 3269
High: 2553

Windows XP 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz
4GB RAM
GTX460 1GB (Superclocked, it was only $5 more)

Wonder what my bottleneck is. Never really did much gaming on a PC but I put this together for FF14. I'm a little worried about the RAM, XP 32-bit puts some aside so it says there's only 3.25GB available.

Droogan

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
im back, with some more semi-crappy news. I was I think the first one to post about using a physx card. So apparently it doesnt help, even though I noticed a slight to drastic increase in my bench score. Aside from that, I was unhappy with my shite score using a gtx 280, so just this morning after work threw in 2 gtx 460's sli, had to upgrade my power supply as well. Amazingly it booted right up and didnt squeal or throw sparks like some of my other attempts. Soooo, heres the low down.

High: 3324
Low: 4813

So it appears, after all is said and done, i paid about 1 dollar for 1 pt of bench improvement. my 2 460s and the ps were about 600 total. To say the least, thats pretty depressing, yet again.

My previous scores using the gtx 280 and my 8800 gts as phsyx, (yes i know, may or may not help) capped about about..
High: 2800
Low: 3000 something.

system recap.
windows 7 ultimate 64
10gig ram
i7 920 2.67 .. had to run dxdiag, and now its showing 6 gigs of ram.. um, where did my other 4 go? /sigh..
2 gtx 460's sli

Once again, i feel defeated by this friggin benchmark, and now i have to figure out why my computer is only recognizing 6 gigs of ram vs the 10 i know i have in there, i mean im looking right at them ><

Id venture to say again, though only in the hopes of cheering myself up, that the benchmark isnt an accurate reflection of a computers graphics... bleh forget it. its probably just me.

notty22

Distinguished
Droogan, I'd venture to guess, SLI WAS NOT working for that bench run. SLI does not work in windowed mode. I guess there are hacks to get this bench to run dual gpu, think it involves forcing full screen.

Droogan

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Yeah, i had read sli wasnt supported for the benchmark on previous posts. Was still hoping the improved card would produce better than a 500 pt increase in the bench. i used an overclocker to up my card by maybe 30% but it yielded a 3500 on high. I only did that for the bench and returned it to default settings. on a side note, i switched all my rams positions and it recognizes 10 gigs again. not sure what that is about.

In the end though, just feel like investing money was a waste of.. well money, to get a slight increase in the benchmark. Though im excited to try other games and see if it improves the performance.

Elthalion

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
Hi Res: 5504 (10525 ms)
Low Res: 6998 (10521ms)

i7-930 4.0Ghz (oc)
GTX 470
Windows 7 64 bit
DDR3 1600 CL9 12GB
120GB SSD
2TB SATA HDD

Rae.

pandemonium_ctp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009

For one, the RAM limitation doesn't affect Windows 7 users. Unless it's your mobo actually capping you out, 7 will not be limited. If it is, then you did something wrong. I have 8 gigs installed and dxdiag reports all 8 gigs...never had a problem with that and never had to fix it with 7. For two, any game that requires more than 4gigs of system RAM has a serious memory leak. The only time you need more than 4gigs of ram (or ~3.25gigs in XP) is for video editing, animation rendering, or on the very extreme situation of sound editing in studio quality environments with a lot of effects processing.

No, the benchmark does not come prepared to allow multiple GPU rendering. There is a fix for that and it requires using a different d3d9.dll to force full screen and renaming the benchmark to 3dmark06.exe. This and other things are outlined in the links I provided in my previous post.

karma831

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
Ran the bench about 6 times and for some reason it would sometimes kill the input signal to my monitor just before the screen where it shows your final score and load time. It happened a total of 3 times, twice with my Sapphire 5850 and once with my Asus 5850. Was not able to get the video signal back without rebooting. I couldn't really figure out why it did that...If anybody has any idea why this happens that would be great.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.1
4GB DDR3
ATI 5850 @ 860/1180
10.8 drivers
23" Acer x233H (Using DVI)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Low: 5495
High: 4863

Status
Not open for further replies.