[SOLVED] What's your opinion about this build?

Jun 17, 2020
Hello, everyone! I would like to know your opinions about a build that I've made and what improvements I could add, even if I am limited by the budget.
I am planning to play at 1080p - 144Hz mainly, but everything on ultra. It is ok if some games don't reach 144 Hz, but constant 60 FPS is the main goal. I play a lot of AAA games.
So my build is this one:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600;
- Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max;
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black, 2x8 GB, 3200 Mhz, CL 16, Dual Channel;
- HDD: Western Digital 1 TB, 7200 RPM;
- SSD: Kingston A400, 480 GB, Sata - III, 2.5";
- GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Windforce OC, 6 GB, GDDR6, 192 - bits;
- Case: Genesis Titan 800 RED, 4 fans (2 in the front, 1 in the upper side of the case and 1 in the back);
- PSU: Redragon, 600 W, 80+ Bronze.
All being said, I have some things to say:
- I get the SSD for free in my country, because of some specific promotion, so I don't want to change it;
- I use HDD for storing. I am not very interested for my games to launh fast, I am interested only about Windows, which is gonna be installed on the SSD;
- Should I keep this CPU + GPU pair, or should I buy Ryzen 5 2600 and RTX 2060 Super?
- I prefer MSI's MAX motherboards if I go with Ryzen 5 3600, just because they come with BIOS already updated.
Thank you for reading this and I wait your opinions!

Solution
D
First off, that's not a good PSU, look here (anything at Tier B+ and above is good):

And here:

I'd suggest looking into a Corsair CX (2017 units -- gray "CX", not green) 650M at least.

If you can, swap that 2060 for a 2070, preferrably Zotac, and then you can overclock it using MSI Afterburner's OC scanner feature, which is essentially a free and safe performance boost for any Turing card. My 2070 overclocked to 165 core and 1050 Memory beat a friend's 2070 Super.

You will get way more consistent framerates with a 2070 at...
D

Deleted member 2720853

First off, that's not a good PSU, look here (anything at Tier B+ and above is good):

And here:

I'd suggest looking into a Corsair CX (2017 units -- gray "CX", not green) 650M at least.

If you can, swap that 2060 for a 2070, preferrably Zotac, and then you can overclock it using MSI Afterburner's OC scanner feature, which is essentially a free and safe performance boost for any Turing card. My 2070 overclocked to 165 core and 1050 Memory beat a friend's 2070 Super.

You will get way more consistent framerates with a 2070 at 1080p144 than a 2060.

Reactions: AlinuxOP
Solution
Jun 17, 2020
Thank you for your anwer. No. unfortunately here in my country the pieces are very expensive. I can't afford a better GPU, if I don't buy a lower CPU, for example. Here in my country some 1660 Ti GPU models are as expensive as RTX 2060, but in the U.S.
But I could look for another PSU. Thank you for this.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Thank you for your anwer. No. unfortunately here in my country the pieces are very expensive. I can't afford a better GPU, if I don't buy a lower CPU, for example. Here in my country some 1660 Ti GPU models are as expensive as RTX 2060, but in the U.S.
But I could look for another PSU. Thank you for this.
Alright, most important piece in a PC is the PSU. It's connected to everything, you don't want a cheap, unheard-of brand PSU to power your expensive parts.

GPU isn't that important, the 2060 will still deliver. Be sure to use OC scanner in Afterburner for some extra performance boost, and overclock the memory yourself. Ask me in this thread if you're unsure how, when you eventually get around to doing it.

Jun 17, 2020
Ok, thank you! If I can't handle the situation myself, I will call out for help. I should not have any problems with the overclocking of RAM memory (I just go in the motherboard's BIOS and enable XMP 2.0), but if I want to OC the GPU, it could be a little bit more difficult.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Ok, thank you! If I can't handle the situation myself, I will call out for help. I should not have any problems with the overclocking of RAM memory (I just go in the motherboard's BIOS and enable XMP 2.0), but if I want to OC the GPU, it could be a little bit more difficult.
I meant overclocking the GPU's memory, which you'll have to do yourself. Ask me about it here if you're unsure. The OC scanner feature will take care and tell you the best Core clock value.

Jun 17, 2020
Thank you. I will go for a better PSU, but I don't want to buy an AMD card because the drivers are a total mess. Even if they fixed a lot of them, i see that a lot of people still having problems. Actually the hardware is alright, but the software is a disaster. :/

Reactions: AngelJin

TRENDING THREADS