Oct 28, 2024
Hello there!

1. My Problem

Since 4 days ago I get a whea-logger error.

The PC ran without issues for a year. Three days ago, it restarted on its own while playing Crusader Kings 3. Since then, this happens during gaming applications after about 5-10 minutes. The event viewer reported the following errors:

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: An unexpected error occurred while calling the routine "CoCreateInstance." hr = 0x8007045b, The computer is shutting down. Source: VSS, Event ID: 8193

Volume Shadow Copy Service information: "The COM server with CLSID and name "CEventSystem" cannot be started. [0x8007045b, The computer is shutting down.] Source: VSS, Event ID: 13

I reinstalled Windows 11, but the problem persisted. Only this time with a different error message:

WHEA-Logger
Critical hardware error
Reported by component: Processor core
Error source: Machine Check Exception
Error type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 5

The temperatures are below 70 degrees.

2. What I've already tried:

• I reinstalled Windows 11 Pro.
  • I updated the BIOS.
  • I activated and deactivated the XMP profile.
  • I tested my RAM sticks individually.
  • I tested my old Ryzen 5 3600 CPU.

However, none of those improved the situation.

In other forums, I read that it could potentially be related to VDDG CCD / IOD if these are set too low. Any opinions on that?
Otherwise, I ordered a motherboard and a graphics card to check these components as well.

3. My System

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
  • RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200MHz Dual Kit / Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
  • Mainboard: MSI Tomahawk Max B450 AM4
  • Power Unit: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 500W CM
  • Case: Be Quiet! Pure Base 500
  • Graphics: Sapphire AMD Radeon™ RX 7800 XT
  • SSD: multiple Crucial MX500 SSDs
  • CPU FAN: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B
I am grateful for every help i can get!

Oct 8, 2024
restarts when playing games are not meeting minimum requirements, Overheating of vital components like the CPU or GPU can trigger safety protocols, leading to a restart to prevent damage, and PSU failures.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off;
https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-radeon-rx-7800-xt-16g-gddr6#Specification
says to use a 700W PSU as the minimum here ^.
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-7800-xt.c3839
says you need a 600W PSU for the build with said discrete GPU.

Power Unit: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 500W CM
How old is the unit? Even if the PSU was brand new, your PSu is inadequate for the build.

Second;
RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200MHz Dual Kit / Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
You're advised not to mix and match rams/ram kits. Stick with one ram kit populating slots A2 and B2.