Question WHEA logger event 18 crashing pc

Trickle2x2

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
Hey guys. So for a little over a year I have been battling and fighting with trying to fix the instability of my pc. Initially when I built the rig I played a lot of warzone and cod multiplayer and experienced hard crashes that would restart my pc entirely. The crashes were very inconsistent and the pc would sometimes go weeks without an issue, or be riddled the whole night with back to back crashing. At first I chocked it up to being cod itself and the games fault, until apex started giving me the same issues.
My first initial troubleshooting steps was setting all under-volts and over clocks back to stock. My intitial specs were a r5 3600, rtx 3060ti ftw3, aorus b550m pro p rev 1, nvme Samsung 970 evo, Seasonic 650w psu. After setting everything to stock my issues continued. So then I updated all drivers including bios and did a clean fresh install of windows, and that seemed to fix it for about 2 months.
Then during apex the crashing started to happen again. So I suspected a faulty hardware issue. In that time I swapped out my cpu, ram, gpu, and psu. Replaced the old hardware with a r7 5800x, Gskill cl16 3600 ram, Radeon 6900xt, and a Seasonic 850w. Along with another fresh install of windows and driver updates. Now the pc has been fine again for another two months until last night during elden ring the game crashed the pc and restarted it again.
Now I do have a slight undervolt on the gpu of 1085mv, but it was stable during a stress test. I will reset it to stock but I’m almost certain that it’s not the issue with this pc’s past. I updated my bios to the latest revision again now but if this doesn’t fix it I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas on what this issue could be? My next logically step I could think of is replace my motherboard. Maybe my power delivery is bad on the board?

Lutfij

Titan
You state reinstalling your OS, what OS are you working with and what version(not edition) are you on(if you're on Windows 10)? A side note, where did you source the installer for the OS? BIOS version at this moment of time?

For the sake of relevance can you provide a before and after of your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
^ meaning we'll be seeing two sets of specs.

With regards to drivers, you're advised to disconnect from the www, then manually install all relevant drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. It's a good idea to source all relevant drivers using a donor system and the manufacturer sites for your hardware.

Trickle2x2

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
You state reinstalling your OS, what OS are you working with and what version(not edition) are you on(if you're on Windows 10)? A side note, where did you source the installer for the OS? BIOS version at this moment of time?

For the sake of relevance can you provide a before and after of your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
^ meaning we'll be seeing two sets of specs.

With regards to drivers, you're advised to disconnect from the www, then manually install all relevant drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. It's a good idea to source all relevant drivers using a donor system and the manufacturer sites for your hardware.
I am on windows 10, not sure what edition will check when I get home. I got the instal media from Microsoft’s website itself and downloaded it onto a usb.
Bios version as of right now is F15a, bios I had prior to updating it was F14c.
Can you explain a little further on downloading the drivers that way, I am new to pc building. The way I installed all the drivers was through amd’s website, and gigabytes motherboard page. I also used DDU to clean install my drivers for the new 6900xt, although I did just update the drivers for the card to the latest revision just a little bit ago. Should I use DDU again on the card and instal the new driver fresh?
I’ll also give a list of all my old specs, I don’t remember my exact old ram and timings it came with but I can check when I get home.

Trickle2x2

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
Seems like elden ring could also be a the culprit. Seeing a lot of people posting about the same issue I’m having. I’m just worried because I’ve had this issue in two other games before replacing those components a couple months ago.