Question WHEA PSHED bluescreen when playing some games

Dec 22, 2021
Hello everyone, recently i started getting bluescreen in some games (genshin impact for example) and when i used bluescreenview, i got these info :

View: https://imgur.com/tNjO0Uw

i tried running gpu, cpu ram and ssd benchmarks and all of them suceeded, could it be just an error with genshin or certain games ? cause i played nier and i got no issues

laptop specs: Mx150 (25w version)/ i7 8650u / 8gb ddr4 2400mhz ram / 250gb ssd

PSHED is a Windows driver. I would run an SFC scan to see if there are any system file problems, which the scan will correct. However if by chance you installed Windows as an upgrade vs a fresh install, I would reinstall it as a fresh install.

Follow these instructions exactly before running SFC. (this is how to do it in W10, not sure if it's the same for W11)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-f804-8fd86e0ef4ca

Dec 22, 2021
PSHED is a Windows driver. I would run an SFC scan to see if there are any system file problems, which the scan will correct. However if by chance you installed Windows as an upgrade vs a fresh install, I would reinstall it as a fresh install.

Follow these instructions exactly before running SFC. (this is how to do it in W10, not sure if it's the same for W11)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-f804-8fd86e0ef4ca
Okay, will since you mentioned this, Some details i can give you maybe it will help, 3 days ago when i used to play games with my MX150, my fps wasvery low compared to what i saw on youtube with same gpu/cpu, so i uninstalled the gpu driver with ddu and installed the latest one, though i watched a video before doing so saying you should debloat your driver and i did so but after trying to install it it crashed in the middle, so i went and installed the non debloated driver after it (you might say well just uninstall the driver with ddu again and install the normal one directly, but as dumb as it sounds, im afraid i lose my good fps). the fps became great and i played nier flawlessly without any issues, but today i played 10 min of genshin and bluescreen, thought it's temps, so retried with msi afterburner, it bluescreened 2 min from starting the game while both cpu gpu were only at 75/80c, so it's not temps,another thing is im undervolting my cpu with throttlestop, and these are the settings im using (attached), thought i tried closing it and running the game without it and it gave me the same issue.

Okay, will since you mentioned this, Some details i can give you maybe it will help, 3 days ago when i used to play games with my MX150, my fps wasvery low compared to what i saw on youtube with same gpu/cpu, so i uninstalled the gpu driver with ddu and installed the latest one, though i watched a video before doing so saying you should debloat your driver and i did so but after trying to install it it crashed in the middle, so i went and installed the non debloated driver after it (you might say well just uninstall the driver with ddu again and install the normal one directly, but as dumb as it sounds, im afraid i lose my good fps). the fps became great and i played nier flawlessly without any issues, but today i played 10 min of genshin and bluescreen, thought it's temps, so retried with msi afterburner, it bluescreened 2 min from starting the game while both cpu gpu were only at 75/80c, so it's not temps,another thing is im undervolting my cpu with throttlestop, and these are the settings im using (attached), thought i tried closing it and running the game without it and it gave me the same issue.
None of that changes what I already advised. Whenever you have system level driver problems, you need to look for possible system file corruption. You also never acknowledged whether you installed Windows as an upgrade or fresh install, or even what version of Windows you're running.

If you DO by chance find any system file corruption (if and when you ever get around to running the SFC scan I suggested), I would also recommend checking for malware. Malwarebytes is a good tool for that, which can be used free.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021
None of that changes what I already advised. Whenever you have system level driver problems, you need to look for possible system file corruption. You also never acknowledged whether you installed Windows as an upgrade or fresh install, or even what version of Windows you're running.

If you DO by chance find any system file corruption (if and when you ever get around to running the SFC scan I suggested), I would also recommend checking for malware. Malwarebytes is a good tool for that, which can be used free.
idk about the windows part since i bought this from someone who had already used it and i didnt do anything to windows since then, but if he did or not i have no clue
and for the files, it did find some corrupt files and it said it repaired them but the issue persisted sadly