[SOLVED] Whea uncontrolable error

Dec 8, 2020
One day i woke up and everytime i tried to play my main game(rainbow six siege) i blue screened. I've tried factory reseting but nothing happened and i kept getting this whea uncontrolable error.
I can play games like CS:GO and just scroll through the web but when i try play siege i blue screen and get this error
I have a ryzen 5 3200g, 1660 super, prime a320m-k, corsair cmk16gx4m2b3200c, ACE 750W PSU silect red fan 6 pin,sabrent rocket q m.2
I have no clue what to do and how to fix this

Solution
I can see that PSU online for 10 pounds... i wouldn't trust it to run my PC. It has molex conectors. that is a sign its not new
this serial has many names - B01A7CRGUM and all sell on Amazon.
PSU name is ACE A-750BR, i can't tell how old it is but they have updated model since 2012 as originally it had a floppy cable.

If I was going to pick an item that will cause PC to restart during games, it would be this.

You should spend a little more and get a better unit from Corsair or a known PSU maker, your PC will run better then.

True, without dumps this is just a guess but a totally unknown PSU sort of makes it easy one.

Colif

Win 11 Master
WHEA uncorrectable error, not uncontrollable :)

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. copy that file to documents
  2. upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Dec 8, 2020
When doing the small memory dumps i got this. Not quite sure what it means though
unknown.png

Colif

Win 11 Master
Never heard of Ace PSU before. Is that a 750BR? cheaper PSU can be cause of errors

Never seen it fail to set up minidumps before.

I've tried factory reseting but nothing happened and i kept getting this whea uncontrolable error.
so you getting a whea error if you try to reset or am I reading that wrong?

Can you run Sabrent control panel and check nvme health out - https://www.sabrent.com/rocket-control-panel/

WHEA - Windows Hardware Error Architecture.
Its an error called by the CPU but not necessarily caused by it.
It can be any hardware

can you look in C:/windows
how big is the memory.dmp file? main reason we tried to set up minidumps is download size. Memory dmp can be several gb, minidumps normally only 1mb

Dec 8, 2020
no i tried factory resseting but it never fixed the issue i worded the sentence wrong.
I ran that regedit file and did all of the steps but i can't seem to find the memory.dmp file
And my ssd drive health is 100%
I also have a second hdd in my pc that doesn't come up in this pc but i dont use it at all

Colif

Win 11 Master
I also have a second hdd in my pc that doesn't come up in this pc but i dont use it at all
does it show in bios? does it show in disk management?
if its in one but not other, it too could be cause of BSOD.

WHEA errors can be any hardware. Since it survives a reset we can probably assume its not a driver.
remove any overclocks you may have.

what model is PSU?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Colif

Win 11 Master
I can see that PSU online for 10 pounds... i wouldn't trust it to run my PC. It has molex conectors. that is a sign its not new
this serial has many names - B01A7CRGUM and all sell on Amazon.
PSU name is ACE A-750BR, i can't tell how old it is but they have updated model since 2012 as originally it had a floppy cable.

If I was going to pick an item that will cause PC to restart during games, it would be this.

You should spend a little more and get a better unit from Corsair or a known PSU maker, your PC will run better then.

True, without dumps this is just a guess but a totally unknown PSU sort of makes it easy one.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Well, price is a problem right now as demand is higher than supply but I would aim at a RMX650 (or 550watt since gpu only needs 450, but it helps to have a little more) from Corsair or something from Seasonic if you really want to stretch budget. Having a good PSU means your parts won't die prematurely. Or at least, it reduces risk.

Other advantage to known brands is you more likely to actually get the wattage advertised on the box with them, it can be questionable on unknown brands. Some may go bang if pushed too hard. I can't tell with the one you have as only reviews are on Amazon and I don't trust them.

I don't know all the brands, its why I look them up whenever I run into a name I have not seen before.