Whea Uncorrectable Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenregen

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
So every day i get this blue screen error 3 times a day, my pc started doing this 2 weeks ago, never did it on windows 8.1 and was fine on 10 for a while.
Googled it and says its a cpu voltage error, but i have reset my UEFI to defaults, updated UEFI, updated drivers , and nothing works. My CPU is the intel i7 4790k and the motherboard is an Asrock Z97X killer. The interesting thing is my laptop does the same thing and so does my friends all in one pc, so is this a windows 10 issue? and is there a fix?

Bugcheck 0x124 with parameter 1=0 means the CPU shutdown the system directly.

Reset the bios to defaults or update it. Check the fans and temps, check the power to the CPU and gpu. Remove any overclocking software. Make sure you bios is up to date.

Avenregen

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
I have reset defaults and updated it already. nothing is overclocked , temps are good, it was all fine until around 2 weeks ago when it randomly started doing all this

Make sure you are not plugged into a surge protector/power strip that may be failing.

Put your memory dump on a server an post a link.

yep, it can be that big. it is normal. mini memory dumps are the smallest, then kernel memory dumps then full memory dumps. sounds like you have a kernel memory dump, it contains all the drivers and the drivers data as well as the internal error logs all within the memory dump file.

minidumps only contains the crashing drivers data.

run the uninstaller for the software or remove it manually.
H80iGT Cooler connected to a USB interface. if the USB interface is failing you might not detect problems with your cooling. It could result in a overheated CPU that could cause this type of error.
Guess you would check the temps to make sure it is getting cooled correctly.

I would also pick up all then new drivers from:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z97X%20Killer/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

---------
I would remove this old driver, maybe it is compiled for a different CPU.

old drivers:
Silicone Labs USBXpress Development Kit
http://www.silabs.com/SUPPORT/Pages/default.aspx

\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\SiLib.sys Thu Jul 15 15:08:26 2010
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\SiUSBXp.sys Thu Jul 15 15:27:13 2010

---------
cpu reported a error on core 5 cache memory bank 4
error type: Micro-Architectural Error
Severity : Fatal
Error : Internal unclassified (Proc 5 Bank 4)

system uptime was 23 minutes.
BIOS Version P2.20
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 05/12/2015
Manufacturer ASRock
Product Z97X Killer
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 4000MHz

memory Speed 1867MHz
Manufacturer 0215
Serial Number
Asset Tag Number
Part Number CMZ16GX3M2A1866C10

AnattaXYZ

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
hi! .. (laptop = ASUS F550C Series, X550CC)
can be i have different issue than u have, but i getting also it - "whea uncorrectable error" message, ..
my issue related with typing, using keyboard & when it is too strong - it makes short circuit some there in system, .. in headphones i hear it - the short circuit sound, .. then actuall GPU that in use - stops to respond,
but at first possible hear in headphones sound - as though the cd is turning & it has certain corruption on surface that does this strangle sound, more it progresses, once it make "short circuit" and it sounds brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. constant - here any GPU stuck (if runs Intel then Intel stops to respond, if Nvidia - then it stops to respond) .. before i moved laptop's screen and when this problem just started, screen in vertical position - this sound of "turning cd with corruption" calmed down & could not appear if keep so, ..
now it became serious illness, .. to touch & a hit a bit laptop doesn't help to calm down this Very Annoying problem, ..
[more i thought this is the consequences that laptop was falling 3 times, accidently, in bag for it from 1 m height, onto ground, but really it wasn't serious falling - checked various tests on corruptions in case when laptop was down physically]
so, if unplug headphones - nothing happen for internal audio, sound doesn't change from headphones onto laptop's ..
hmmm.. what else ?! .. even dunno ..

acedog

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
I just started having this problem to but have not been able to stop it, it goes away if I restart the computer 3-4 time though, but comes back again the next day. I was ruining windows 7 and just recently went back to 10 after getting this problem before. I have tried some things but nothing has worked yet.

Ladinek

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
I have the same problem and temporary solution. I have Core I7 4790K and the problem appeard for me the first time i switched from Core i5 processor. The computer freezes before BIOS appears or sometimes when Windows 10 is loading. It only hapens on cold boot. After 1-3 restarts it doesn't happen and the computer works stable until shutdown. Weaking computer from sleep works only for few minutes, after more time it BSOD again.

I learned, that I need to remove the processor from mainboard and put it back (also check the small pins in the processor socket, if they are not bent - not my case). After putting it back it worked for me 3 months, but now the problem reappeard. But this solution (reseating CPU) still works and now its OK again.

Daniel_276

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

I cant even get to my desktop to download it. It just keeps crashing, and sometimes the computer just turns off and on over and over agian.

Status
Not open for further replies.