[SOLVED] whea uncorrectable error

Justinchow21

Reputable
Jul 29, 2017
I have an i55 8600k OCed to 4.7 ghz on a z370a pro mobo and a 212 evo BE push/pull with a noctua nf12 fan. I have the voltage set to 1.3v and im getting a BSOD whea uncorrectable error occasionally. The thing is it happens at random times from simple browsing to gaming. Should I increase the voltage or is there a way to get rid of the BSOD while maintaining the overclock?

Solution
try removing/reducing OC to see if errors go away?

whea is a hardware error, OC is a reason to get them. I don't know if increasing voltage will stop them.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive...

Colif

Win 11 Master
try removing/reducing OC to see if errors go away?

whea is a hardware error, OC is a reason to get them. I don't know if increasing voltage will stop them.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

whea dumps don't show a lot but it might show a cause

Solution

TRENDING THREADS