[SOLVED] WHEA Uncorrectible Error BSOD when computer is not running a game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2022
So for the past few months, I've been having issues with my computer starting to randomly crash since Halloween. I took it to geek squad for a different issue and got it back with that issue resolved, but now, if i do not run a game like cold war, it crashes with the WHEA code. the only thing I changed since before i got the computer in the shop was the CPU Cooler (because i honestly thought it was a temp issue at first), which I swapped the stock cooler out for a Cooler Master Hyper 212. I properly put new thermal paste on the CPU when replacing its cooler and added one additional fan as an intake because it did not have on to start. Nothing else has been changed or replaced since.

• I've done a memory Diagnostic and that came out clean, I did a Disk Drive check and that came out perfect, no problems with either of my drives.
  • I've checked for driver updates,
  • I've checked for windows updates,
  • I've made sure anything I took out of the computer during the Cooler swap was properly secured and plugged in.
My temps have been perfect because of this so I know its not the temp. I have NO idea why I'm still having this issue or at least of how to fix it. although, in the event logger something about the dump file comes up, and while I have located the file, I have no idea what I need to be looking for. This only happens when I close whatever game I have running on the computer.

Computer Specs:
ASUS ROG STRIX G10CE (Prebuilt)
x64 based system
Intel 11th gen I7 -11700f @ 2.50 (No overclocking available)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
16gb DDR4 @3200
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212
(this is all i know, if anyone needs more than this, ill reply with it)

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
How soon after swapping fan did BSOD happen? or were you getting before? could you have tightened it too much?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Do you have newest BIOS as they can help WHEA
What PSU?

Dec 15, 2022
PSU seems to be called a Great wall 80 Plus Gold E500 | Ive been having BSOD's since before i had the computer serviced for a different error and before i installed the new cooler, i can try to loosen it just to see, but im not sure how loose/tight to have it.

As for the dump file i went to the mini dump file... but theres nothing there? is there supposed to be something in the file?
As for BIOS, i have no idea honestly on how to check if it needed an update,

Colif

Win 11 Master
As for BIOS, i have no idea honestly on how to check if it needed an update,
the newest BIOS on the Asus website is Version 309.
To check which you have
open System information application
Next to BIOS Version/Date, you will find bios number. Its under the line for the CPU

Great Wall make good/bad PSU. It appears it should be okay if its anything like the E750 - tier A here

it only creates a minidump after a BSOD, so if you haven't crashed since setting it up, it will be empty

Dec 15, 2022
To check which you have
Next to BIOS Version/Date, you will find bios number. Its under the line for the CPU

Great Wall make good/bad PSU. It appears it should be okay if its anything like the E750 - tier A here

it only creates a minidump after a BSOD, so if you haven't crashed since setting it up, it will be empty
To check which you have

the BIOS Version says "America Megatrends Inc. G10CE.314, 7/29/2022" I just had a crash about 10 mins ago, so after checking this reply, I went to the minidump file and there is still nothing there. Also after the crash, I loosened the screws for the cooler, since you said I could have tightened it too much.

Dec 15, 2022
To check which you have

To check which you have

the BIOS Version says "America Megatrends Inc. G10CE.314, 7/29/2022" I just had a crash about 10 mins ago, so after checking this reply, I went to the minidump file and there is still nothing there. Also after the crash, I loosened the screws for the cooler, since you said I could have tightened it too much.

Dec 15, 2022
To check which you have

To check which you have

the BIOS Version says "America Megatrends Inc. G10CE.314, 7/29/2022" I just had a crash about 10 mins ago, so after checking this reply, I went to the minidump file and there is still nothing there. Also after the crash, I loosened the screws for the cooler, since you said I could have tightened it too much. (sorry for double reply, internet is out and im on slow hotspot)

Google how to force a memory dump using the keyboard, make the registry changes and force a memory dump on the working system. Smething like this:
How to Force a Diagnostic Memory Dump When a Computer Hangs - Microsoft Community Hub
Just to make sure your system can make the memory dump. You can copy the memory dump to a server, share it out for public access and post a link.
Someone can take a look in the debugger for common driver issues (over clock driver, duplicate overclock drivers, thing like that)

This particular bugcheck is a panic bugcheck and may not always create a memory dump. Generally we would need to know the value of the first parameter to know the source of the problem.

You might also consider starting cmd.exe as an admin then running the command
cd c:\
dir /s *.dmp

This will search your drive for memory dump files and tell you the location of any *.dmp file that is found. Sometimes windows will live debug a system and reboot but the dump will be in a different directory that is sent to microsoft as part of windows error reporting.

if you are using a AIO cooler, make sure to go into windows control panel device manager and right mouse click on the usb host/port find the power management tab and tell windows not to let the device sleep.
just for the case that windows puts your USB port to sleep and the AIO device turns off and the CPU temp spikes (while idle) and the CPU issues a panic bugcheck and shutsdown the system.
Bug Check 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Windows drivers | Microsoft Learn

shows the codes, !errrec on the parameter 2 in the debugger decodes the info in the structure.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022
Google how to force a memory dump using the keyboard, make the registry changes and force a memory dump on the working system. Smething like this:
How to Force a Diagnostic Memory Dump When a Computer Hangs - Microsoft Community Hub
Just to make sure your system can make the memory dump. You can copy the memory dump to a server, share it out for public access and post a link.
Someone can take a look in the debugger for common driver issues (over clock driver, duplicate overclock drivers, thing like that)

This particular bugcheck is a panic bugcheck and may not always create a memory dump. Generally we would need to know the value of the first parameter to know the source of the problem.

You might also consider starting cmd.exe as an admin then running the command
cd c:\
dir /s *.dmp

This will search your drive for memory dump files and tell you the location of any *.dmp file that is found. Sometimes windows will live debug a system and reboot but the dump will be in a different directory that is sent to microsoft as part of windows error reporting.

if you are using a AIO cooler, make sure to go into windows control panel device manager and right mouse click on the usb host/port find the power management tab and tell windows not to let the device sleep.
just for the case that windows puts your USB port to sleep and the AIO device turns off and the CPU temp spikes (while idle) and the CPU issues a panic bugcheck and shutsdown the system.
Bug Check 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Windows drivers | Microsoft Learn

shows the codes, !errrec on the parameter 2 in the debugger decodes the info in the structure.
Sorry I took a while, just needed to take a break from this. SO I did make sure none of the hardware would sleep, which still did not fix this error. ive kept an eye on the fans and temps before and after this, none of them had stopped working or slept, so I do know that it is not caused by that. I do have a Google drive link with a dmp file, maybe it will shed some light on it? also my computer cant be overclocked so i know that should not be an issue either. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QEXOqT2v_DBB4jiLT57Jgpo2bHTy8c18/view?usp=share_link

Sorry I took a while, just needed to take a break from this. SO I did make sure none of the hardware would sleep, which still did not fix this error. ive kept an eye on the fans and temps before and after this, none of them had stopped working or slept, so I do know that it is not caused by that. I do have a Google drive link with a dmp file, maybe it will shed some light on it? also my computer cant be overclocked so i know that should not be an issue either. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QEXOqT2v_DBB4jiLT57Jgpo2bHTy8c18/view?usp=share_link
bugcheck was a stack overflow in a 32bit subsystem caused by
C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service\AC_FDSPlugin\WinRTHelper.exe Wed Aug 31 03:12:44 2022

I would disable asus armoury crate in BIOS, and uninstall the utility from windows and remove any reinstall programs that it installed in task scheduler. This tool can be useful to confirm or remove the driver and look at the task scheduler:
Autoruns for Windows - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn

be sure to turn of armoury crate in bios since it installs files on your drive from bios during boot up. files come back after each boot if you do not turn off the bios setting before removing the files.

Dec 15, 2022
ok so i uninstalled the armory crate and made sure to get rid of the installer. Also double checked that my BIOS was defaulted. (which it was not). Before i get off this morning i will close my game that usually keeps the computer working perfect and see if it holds up. if it doesn't then i might end up just using the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS