[SOLVED] WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR crash while gaming

mrcapitalism007

Commendable
Dec 26, 2018
Usually after an hour or two into gaming, sometimes longer I get the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bsod. I've had this happen on Fallout 4, GTA V, and RDR2. Except on GTA V it usually takes longer for it to occur. I tried undervolting my cpu, which lowered the temperature, but it's still happening.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 5800x w/ Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240mm top mounted in exhaust
RTX 3080 Msi Gaming X Trio
32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz (4x8Gb)
AsRock B550 Pro4

Solution
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR is a generic stop code usually for some type of hardware error. It could be the hardare it self or it's driver. Try updating any hardware that needs driver updates. If none are found you may want to start doing the basic troubleshooting. Check memory, maybe pull one stick at a time and seeing if the problem persists or goes away etc. You can look under computer management, event viewer, critical errors, and see if it gives you more specific information.
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR is a generic stop code usually for some type of hardware error. It could be the hardare it self or it's driver. Try updating any hardware that needs driver updates. If none are found you may want to start doing the basic troubleshooting. Check memory, maybe pull one stick at a time and seeing if the problem persists or goes away etc. You can look under computer management, event viewer, critical errors, and see if it gives you more specific information.

Solution