Question WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Aug 21, 2022
I've been getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD for several months. Originally thought it was caused by Lost Ark as it started happening around the time it was released and it only seemed to be happening while playing that game. I had played Guild Wars 2 and World of Warcraft previous to that with no problems. I updated everything I knew how to update (windows, video drivers) and my husband flashed the bios which seemed like it helped for a little bit. But eventually it happened again. One day, after getting one, I started to get them repeatedly while restarting my pc. So we took it to the shop, They updated a few things but couldn't find anything wrong with it. They said it may be something with the mouse or keyboard. I have a Logitech G502 and after doing some research on that, I found some people were having this same BSOD caused by GHUB. So I uninstalled that and have played for weeks with no issue. We thought we solved it until yesterday. I had updated the video drivers and the next day, while playing Lost Ark, got the same BSOD. I rolled back the driver but got another BSOD today. I don't know what to do. For whatever reason, this pc won't create dump files. I'm not super tech savvy.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core
Nvidia Geforce GTX1660 Super
MSI M390 500GB
16G RAM
Windows 10 21H2

WHEA can be tracked in eventviewer
it can be hardware or driver issue...hard to tell without minidumps

this registry will change BSOD to win7 style where you can see bugcheck values
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl]
"DisplayParameters"=dword:00000001
right click on dektop to create new txt file, open it with notepad, copy paste it there and save as somename.reg , open that .reg file you just created, that will ask you for confirmation for adding registry value
once confirmed, then you will also need to disable automatic restarts on BSOD
here guide on how to do that
https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/windows-disable-restart-after-bsod

next time you get BSOD, it will show way more info than what shows you now, make picture of it with phone and upload picture to imgur then post link to your picture here

Reactions: Desma83
i doubt its a driver issue, storage fail due to drivers usualy gets driver irql not less or equal bsod
if you have second drive, try saving minidumps into your second drive
you can set that where you changed automatic restart on BSOD
17637d1485950939-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod-small-memory-dump-save-location.png

there replace %SystemRoot% with your second drive letter (if any) say D:

if you have nvme drive, does it have heatsink? nvme can cause BSOD if it overheats

Aug 21, 2022
It is an nvme. It's an MSI M390 500GB and it looks like it has 2 heatsinks. Nothing feels hot so I don't think overheating is the problem. Unfortunately, I don't have a second drive. I have sent an email to Skytech to see what they suggest since it's still under warranty but no response yet. The last BSOD I had which was about 30 minutes ago caused my PC to do something different on restart. On the black screen, it said it was checking for problems, repairing, and then when windows loaded, I got a message saying “We removed some recently installed updates to recover your device from a startup failure.” . That's never happened before. Most of the time when I restart it, the case lights up but the screen stays black along with the keyboard and mouse. It takes a few restarts to get it to actually start up when it does that. I haven't had very many BSOD lately but today I had 3 in row. One happened as it was starting up.

TRENDING THREADS