[SOLVED] When are the gpu prices going down?

Solution
Not necessarily gpus but also like every computer part
When manufacturing capacity exceeds demand and manufacturers need to clear shelves for new models.

Considering that demand is currently expanding faster than new wafer fabs and support components can be built, that is unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future if ever. If TSMC's 3nm and Intel's 7nm-and-beyond perform well, maybe bargain hunters will be able to get new-in-box old-gen parts at a discount in 2-3 years to keep all of that still-good-enough-for-most-people 5-10nm equipment printing good money.
D

Deleted member 2720853

When?? I just see you asking us when prices will go down as if we control the PC part market. You could easily google that and even then you wouldn't get a response because again: nobody knows.

Crash again? When has it crashed before? Short term variations are irrelevant and long term there has been no crash.

I guess it depends on how you define 'crash' but I think the only reason you're saying the above now is because it's currently riding high.
I mean you can technically call the 65% loss in value (Dec 2017 to Feb 2018) a fluctuation and you wouldn't be wrong but just because a stock (or in this case a highly speculative commodity) bounces back doesn't mean it didn't crash.

InvalidError

Titan
Not necessarily gpus but also like every computer part
When manufacturing capacity exceeds demand and manufacturers need to clear shelves for new models.

Considering that demand is currently expanding faster than new wafer fabs and support components can be built, that is unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future if ever. If TSMC's 3nm and Intel's 7nm-and-beyond perform well, maybe bargain hunters will be able to get new-in-box old-gen parts at a discount in 2-3 years to keep all of that still-good-enough-for-most-people 5-10nm equipment printing good money.

Solution