Question When booting my pc, one gpu fam will spin at max speed but the other will remain normal, nothing is displayed on screen either

Jan 9, 2021
As said in title, one fan will spin at max speed and the other will stay normal while the pc itself doesn’t display. My only remedy for this is to turn the pc off then turn the plug off at the wall, then i turn it on again everything will be fine until I turn the pc off again then the issue will occur again and the process must be repeated

My specs are as follows:
1650 super
Ryzen 3 3200g
Asrock b450m hdv r4.0
Be quiet! 80+ bronze psu

Jan 9, 2021
That says the brand and the efficiency. We also need the model of the PSU it's age and it's wattage.
Sorry, the exact name of it on Amazon is be quiet! System power 9 500W, 80 plus bronze, power supply, black. and by age i assume you mean how long ive had it and ive had it for about 3 weeks now, and that applies to the whole system

CS_044

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
Sorry, the exact name of it on Amazon is be quiet! System power 9 500W, 80 plus bronze, power supply, black. and by age i assume you mean how long ive had it and ive had it for about 3 weeks now, and that applies to the whole system
Was your PC a prebuilt PC then, or did you build it?

Jan 9, 2021
I wouldn’t know sorry, they might but I doubt it, if you can’t get a replacement yet just try to see if u can keep using ur current one
Im perfectly capable of continuing to use my current one, the only issue is getting it to boot but once it decides to boot it runs perfectly

Somehow you guys came to the conclusion GPU is at fault without even considering any other possibility and without any testing.
Do you have the latest BIOS, chipset drivers, windows updates?
Have you tried DDU to remove and reinstall your drivers?
Did you try reseating the GPU in the PCIe slot?
Did you make sure that all power connectors were fully and firmly in their position?

CS_044

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
Somehow you guys came to the conclusion GPU is at fault without even considering any other possibility and without any testing.
Did you make sure that all power connectors were fully and firmly in their position?
Well, I mean yeah we could, but at the time I didn't think of that, also i'm not experienced enough with computers to know everything off the top of my head.

Well, I mean yeah we could, but at the time I didn't think of that, also i'm not experienced enough with computers to know everything off the top of my head.
Don't get me wrong, I am not a professional either. But to suggest RMA of the GPU to someone, without even confirming it's the issue can cause other kind of problems. RMA takes time. What if time was of the essence? What if the GPU was replaced and OP still had issues?

I am simply saying that you need to try and confirm if your suggestion can solve the problem. You can first suggest to try the GPU in another system, or another GPU in his, etc...

CS_044

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
Don't get me wrong, I am not a professional either. But to suggest RMA of the GPU to someone, without even confirming it's the issue can cause other kind of problems. RMA takes time. What if time was of the essence? What if the GPU was replaced and OP still had issues?

I am simply saying that you need to try and confirm if your suggestion can solve the problem. You can first suggest to try the GPU in another system, or another GPU in his, etc...
Yes, I understand, it was just the thing that came to my head.

Jan 9, 2021
I have since just to make sure asked for my brothers gpu to test if its my system and it works perfectly fine. I could still try those things, but im not very good at that sort of stuff

Last edited: