When Booting Windows 7 Screen Goes To Different Colors And Characters

Jae Dolo

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
I have an old Presario SR1120NX which i recently installed a PCI Sata card into in order to use a 500 gig Sata hard drive. The installation goes fine and the drive boots through the first couple restarts. then on the final restart when it should boot into the windows desktop the screen just goes black then displays various blocks with colors and different characters. I also attempted to use an IDE hard drive and the same thing happens. I've been tinkering with computers for years and have never seen this happen. I pass this on to anyone who may have seen this or knows what is going on.

http://i43.tinypic.com/15i14dx.jpg

Not sure if I am allowed to post the image with this, if not I am curious as how to post this picture to show exactly what happens.

Jae Dolo

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013

I have done that and tried with a regular IDE hard drive with the Sata card out of the computer. Also just want to add that the Sata card works fine in my also old HP 553x.

Jae Dolo

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013

Is there any guide on how to flash the BIOS without using the .exe as I would need to be in windows in order to use that method. Thank you for your responses.