[SOLVED] When i am playing gta 5 my hard disk(new) go in 100% usage and i have a lag spike for 1-2 seconds..

Andrew223344

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
When i am playing gta 5 my hard disk(new) go in 100% usage and i have a lag spike for 1-2 seconds.. I have reinstalled my windows but still the same problem, this bug started 5 days ago... Any fix? Thanks!

Solution
I would get an SSD. The performance hit won't be as bad when it goes to the drive. Hybrid drives with a large solid state cache are another option.
The 2GBGPU can take up to 2GB RAM for caching textures. It takes the adresses from the top down at POST. So it's still possible you're running out of RAM.
A 2-3GB GPU and 8GB RAM is usually OK. It may be the failing drive is holding things up. That needs to be adressed first.
Reinstalling Windows on a failing drive is asking for trouble
The game should be loading into RAM and not using the HDD at all.
I would look in task manager and see what's running, and do some virus and malware scans also.
Maybe even MBAR ( Malware Bytes Anti Rootkit.) It looks like something is filling up the RAM and causing the game to go to the HDD for no goos reason.

I would get an SSD. The performance hit won't be as bad when it goes to the drive. Hybrid drives with a large solid state cache are another option.
The 2GBGPU can take up to 2GB RAM for caching textures. It takes the adresses from the top down at POST. So it's still possible you're running out of RAM.
A 2-3GB GPU and 8GB RAM is usually OK. It may be the failing drive is holding things up. That needs to be adressed first.
Reinstalling Windows on a failing drive is asking for trouble

Solution