When I click the power button it turns on, blinks off, then turns on. This triggers the anti-surge protection. I NEED HELP

Dkz00kim1

Reputable
Jul 12, 2016
Hi I'm new to this forum stuff.

So for some reason when I turn on my computer, shortly after it was turned off, this happens:

https://youtu.be/3XsMU206FIM

Then it says that the anti-surge was triggered.

My specs are:
I5 6600k
16gb 2x8 corsair vengeance led
Asus z170-a motherboard
Gtx 760
Corsair rm750

Many people on other forums say to just disable the "f1 if error" option. But if the anti-surge protection always trigger isn't that bad for the motherboard?

So I guess my real questions are: is there a way to fix it? And if it is to disable "f1 if error" option will it wear out the motherboard or anything else?

Solution
Its a commor problem with Asus motherboards, its to protect the system from power surges that may cause systems instability, make sure all your power cables are properly connected and not loose, and check to see if your power outlet is giving power all the time or is loose or burnt off. Then just disable the Anti surge feuture from bios and pretend you have a MSI or Gigabyte board lol. I did the same thing for my rig.
Its a commor problem with Asus motherboards, its to protect the system from power surges that may cause systems instability, make sure all your power cables are properly connected and not loose, and check to see if your power outlet is giving power all the time or is loose or burnt off. Then just disable the Anti surge feuture from bios and pretend you have a MSI or Gigabyte board lol. I did the same thing for my rig.

Solution

Dkz00kim1

Reputable
Jul 12, 2016

But will it wear out my motherboard faster than normal?