When I drag photos into Photoshop, they are normally 5x the size of the canvas

papadelis

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
So I recently installed Photoshop on my new computer and I've been using it for about 2 years now, so it's not foreign to me. However, every time I drag a photo into Photoshop it loads in about 5x the size of the dimensions of the canvas I set for it. Any help is appreciated, I tried Google, but every response comes up dead or about file size.

Solution
Photos are not automatically resized all the time when copy/pasted, and are never resized when you open them directly (dragging them anywhere but an active canvas is the same as file-> open). Most likely this is just user error.

If you are certain that it's not user error, you'll need to explain things better than with a single sentence.
Photos are not automatically resized all the time when copy/pasted, and are never resized when you open them directly (dragging them anywhere but an active canvas is the same as file-> open). Most likely this is just user error.

If you are certain that it's not user error, you'll need to explain things better than with a single sentence.

Solution